Wheel Bearing Replacement Cost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
A car that new already needs wheel bearings?
crazy2.gif

Exactly my thoughts. I was surprised a Honda at 50,000 miles needed a new front wheel bearing.

My 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe AWD had 3 of 4 wheel bearings go bad before 70K miles. The rears were a pain because you couldn't get to all of the mounting bolt heads for the rear bearing hubs without dropping the knuckle (not sure what you call the rear). Shop cost was over $300 years ago for each.

On my Accent I replaced both front bearings but did almost all the work myself. It's all bolt on so not too bad. The actual bearing I got was around $25 and it cost $35 to have the old one pressed out and replaced.

To just take it in I would expect $250 or so. Using OEM parts would probably add $50-$60. At the dealer add another $100, per wheel.

Retail for an SKF or other quality earing bearing is about $60 (Rock $43) It sounds like for that price they possibly changed the hub also if they did the price is okay if not they hosed her. The labor isn't too bad at all.
A parts rundown and labor time would be very helpful before anyone claims ripoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back