Test drove 2018 tucson over the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not gonna write a big review on this,but I drove two versions of the tucson this weekend.

One had the 2.0 motor. Simple to say it was lackin power out on the highway as I expected.
The other tucson had the 1.6 turbo engine. It was powerful in town and out on the highway winner 1.6 turbo

Its roomy for what I need it for.I dont have kids,so it's plenty roomy enough.

The leather seats are 100-times more comfortable then the cloth seats,period.

I guess I'm pretty much settled on puchasing this vehicle this summer,unless someone can tell me why I should avoid doing so.

I'd do some digging on the DCT before buying it. I'm not saying that it hasn't been resolved, but for a while there Hyundai was having some issues with their DCT. They've released a few software updates (3, I think?) which were supposed to have helped, but I haven't kept up with it. They are good looking CUV though.

Originally Posted By: JustN89
I'd do some digging on the DCT before buying it. I'm not saying that it hasn't been resolved, but for a while there Hyundai was having some issues with their DCT. They've released a few software updates (3, I think?) which were supposed to have helped, but I haven't kept up with it. They are good looking CUV though.

+1 I would avoid that DCT tranny.

spasm3
Why would someone want a Mazda CX-5? A car that has a system that shuts down 2 of 4 cylinders under certain conditions? Not me!

Originally Posted By: MParr
spasm3
Why would someone want a Mazda CX-5? A car that has a system that shuts down 2 of 4 cylinders under certain conditions? Not me!

The system activates under light load cruising conditions.

Originally Posted By: Danno
Expect an updated Tuscon for 2019.

Just bought a 2018 Santa Fe Sport because 2019 will have start/stop engines. Might be the same for the Tuscon?

Originally Posted By: tcp71
Isn't Hyundai replacing a bunch of Turbo Direct Injection engines due to LSPI failures? Cracked pistons seem abundant. Is this 1.6l engine affected?

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-hy-hyundai-kia-recall-20170407-story.html

Not sure where you saw the cracked pistons issue. I know Chev had the cracked piston issue with their turbo 1.4L.

According to the article you linked, the Hyundai 2.4 and 2.0 manufacturing process may have left some debris in the oil passages, causing engine issues.

problem is these always develop new problems and the reputation suffers along with resale value.

Originally Posted By: dblshock

problem is these always develop new problems and the reputation suffers along with resale value.
I only paid $9,990 for it, definitely not concerned about resale value
crackmeup2.gif

I could have my mechanic install a new long block engine in it, and I'd still be in for a lot cheaper than buying a used Accord (which the cheapest used 2015 Accord in the State of Arizona last year was $16k).

Edit: Just checked, 16 months later there's only 1 in AZ under $16k, and it's black, which is a deal breaker. They're still all over $16k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back