JD 255

Status
Not open for further replies.
WAS WONDERING ABOUT ADDING LUCAS OIL STABILIZER TO THE TUFF TORQ k 62 HYDRO...has anyone done it or is it a bad idea ?...just wondering as I know very little about the inside of any hydro tranny

I think the owners manual says not to change it.. those that have called tuff torq have recommended full syn 10w30.

Lucas is snake oil and doenst belong anywhere but on the shelves of stores.

Lucas oil stabilizer is nothing but oil thickeners. I'd strongly advise against using it. If you end up changing the oil in that hydro, the Tuff Torq rep recommended 5w50 which is what I put in my Deere with a K66 and it has been great.

There's usually a statement in most owners manuals, online, etc, that states "don't use oil additives" in their equipment, and it's good advise. Modern oils are high tech formulations that do not need additional help from snake oil.

Originally Posted By: bchannell
There's usually a statement in most owners manuals, online, etc, that states "don't use oil additives" in their equipment, and it's good advise. Modern oils are high tech formulations that do not need additional help from snake oil.

The only exception to the above statement is the Clark W. Griswold Silicone Based Lubricant. "This is a new non-caloric silicon-based kitchen lubricant my company has been working on. It creates a surface 500 times more slippery than any oil. "

grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back