End of lease

Status
Not open for further replies.
My lease is nearing the end on the 2016 Scion IA, car has been great 38-42.1 mpg good stereo and handling.

Looking for another economy vehicle similar to the IA even a hatch. Any suggestions?

Yes buying out from lease is an option.

I like it but not for ownership.

I was thinking the cx-3 fwd Witn a stick.

I have leased 3 Toyotas and if you have made on time payments they will extend your lease at the same price for 6 months.Since you like the car so much .go for it!

If i stick with toyota i'd be on my 5th and no payments ever missed or late. I do like the prius c but i am itching for a manual and a different brand.

Honda fit is nice my friends wife has the cvt tranny. Lots of cargo space.

I saw a kona in red when I went out for the dinner the other they are nice. I don't think I would need the awd model the turbo is making it appealing

What is with all these autos all the sudden no wants a manual.

Last edited:
A lease is typically not a great way to get a car, not long term. Unless maybe a car for business like a salesman. Do you need AWD since you are in NY?

Buy a Subaru Forester for $26K.

The Mazda3 or Ford Focus hatchback with an MT are nice.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the buyout price on your Scion?

I like Subaru's I had a 2010 Impreza which was a great car I probably should have stopped leasing then. And kept this car..

No AWD isn't a necessity, I stay home when more than 6 inches is in forecast.

The reason I'm being so picky this time because I would like the possibility of buying out my next lease. So I want to make sure I want the car for long-term.

Options bell's and whistles aren't a concern either just a fun factor and practical.

How bout the fiesta st? I can always get dedicated snow tires.

Fits are overpriced for what they REALLY (they are a typical 10 grand base eco box with all their faults but for 18 grand! Yes I owned one for a couple years. Now made in Mexico and WORSE handling - so REALLY overpriced.

Most impressive ecobox drive (as a rental) in the past ten years was a Ford Fiesta. If you want more power I would look at a used Scion xD. for a step up The Kia Forte sedan or Koupe were pretty good in 2015.

I'm with you on the fiesta! Liked it MUCH better than the Mazda 2 variant and drove both. Was looking for an ST but they are rare. Worried about snow?slush commuting myself. I have 2 snow tires mounted on steel rims for a FIT if anybody wants them for cheap. They are 70's on 14's for My fit that had 16's. At least One season left on the tires - I use them for Two. Firestone Winterforce.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back