Coco Wheats was one of my faves as a kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved it a little lumpy with about a half cup of sugar for sweetness....

Any other fans out there?

35.gif

I don't remember those,but I always ate this. The chocolate got discontinued,but unfortunately returned with a changed inferior formula. This is what it looked like pre-changed formula (1970s).

Originally Posted By: ZZman

01.gif

A little milk for creaminess and the sugar. Loved it growing up. Still have it back home once in a while when I’m visiting.

Originally Posted By: volk06
Originally Posted By: ZZman

01.gif

A little milk for creaminess and the sugar. Loved it growing up. Still have it back home once in a while when I’m visiting.

Yes... Must have milk in it.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I don't remember those,but I always ate this. The chocolate got discontinued,but unfortunately returned with a changed inferior formula. This is what it looked like pre-changed formula (1970s).

Pretty much the same.

Where do you buy the Coco Wheats? I want to try it!
laugh.gif

Does it taste like the original old school Malt O Meal? I know what you mean about having it lumpy,the old Malt O Meal always came out lumpy and was delicious!

Originally Posted By: bruckus
I'm 54 and still eat Lucky Charms or Cap'n Crunch almost daily. Can't stop.

I love them both but CC tears up my mouth.

laugh.gif

Does it taste like the original old school Malt O Meal? I know what you mean about having it lumpy,the old Malt O Meal always came out lumpy and was delicious!

Walmart or so I read.

laugh.gif

My understanding is it is the same thing. Walmart is supposed to carry it.

We didn't get many of the crazy cereals in Canada that were featured on Saturday morning cartoons (which were aired from the US). For a while tho, we used to get things like Count Chocula and other garbage cereals.

My mom insisted on Weetabix but given the amount of sugar we dumped on it, it might as well have been Cap'n Crunch!

This Co Co Wheats looks very interesting! I'd be willing to try it out!
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Malt-O-Meal-Coco-Wheats-Hot-Cereal-Chocolate-Flavored-28-Oz/33628806

Originally Posted By: bruckus
I'm 54 and still eat Lucky Charms or Cap'n Crunch almost daily. Can't stop.

I love the peanut butter Cap'n Crunch... so do both my dogs.

My mom has been a health nut long before I was born. The cereal I ate growing up was Grape Nuts, Total and Product 19.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
My mom has been a health nut long before I was born. The cereal I ate growing up was Grape Nuts, Total and Product 19.

frown.gif

I'm sorry to hear this.

If I eat cereal with in a half hour I am starving all day. Nothing satisfies my hunger.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
We didn't get many of the crazy cereals in Canada that were featured on Saturday morning cartoons (which were aired from the US). For a while tho, we used to get things like Count Chocula and other garbage cereals.

My mom insisted on Weetabix but given the amount of sugar we dumped on it, it might as well have been Cap'n Crunch!

This Co Co Wheats looks very interesting! I'd be willing to try it out!
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Malt-O-Meal-Coco-Wheats-Hot-Cereal-Chocolate-Flavored-28-Oz/33628806

Other than Shreddies and Cheerios, I remember Sugar Crisp and Honeycombs very well for some reason.

Was all about Peanut butter oh's! As a kid...at least every time i crossed into swanton vt or plattsburgh ny. Anyone remember these? Wish they still made them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back