ACEA E4/E7 in a BMW 335d ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!
Since I have a about 10 gallons of heavy duty oil ACEA E4/E7 of good quality I thought I might pour it in my Bmw 335d.
The dpf i long gone and so i also the EGR.
Any inputs to it?

Mattias

E4 / E7 is high SAPS, between 1% to 2%
The E4 TBN is > 12, so this is a heavy additized oil.

Not saying yes or no, just adding a few more data points for people to consider.

DPF would be my big concern, but you say this has been removed.

Originally Posted By: BMW335dpfoff
Its Fuchs titan cargo SL 5w-30.

Wow!! I just looked it up [PDF Link]

It has a TBN of 15.8

And from their web page
Quote:
TITAN CARGO SL SAE 5W-30 is a top performance, extreme fuel economy oil for a variety of commercial vehicle and off highway diesel engines with optimum cold starting and lower oil consumption. TITAN CARGO SL SAE 5W-30 was developed to optimise the reliability and cost effectiveness of vehicles. The fully-synthetic TITAN CARGO SL SAE 5W/30 provides continuous reduction in fuel consumption. This is ensured by reduced friction, rapid oil circulation and extreme wear protection. TITAN CARGO SL SAE 5W-30 demonstrates special cost-effectiveness with extended engine oil change intervals of up to 160,000 km. The special aging stability and the excellent wear protection lead to optimum reliability.

OK, so I would not use it. It's made for a different application, off road diesel engines with OCI up to 160,000KM / 100,000 miles.

A typical light duty diesel engine oil would be a C3 oil with a TBN of about 7 with an OCI of maybe 10,000 to 20,000 miles

I don't think it's worth the risk, different oil, different application.

I'd use it if there were no ULSD in Sweden, but I highly doubt that's the case.
wink.gif
It'll work, but a very high ash HDEO like that wouldn't be my first choice for that application. E4 options are rather hard to find here.

Originally Posted By: Garak
It'll work, but a very high ash HDEO like that wouldn't be my first choice for that application. E4 options are rather hard to find here.

I agree, an E4 it's not my first choice, however if it was E9 (SA 7) then I would be very happy to use it.

I'm not saying E4 will kill your engine, but what's wrong with buying the correct BMW LL-04 oil ? Or at least a BMW LL-01 oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back