Maruyama Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to get new weed whacker and from this forum I got intrigued with the Maruyama brand. Just looked at a BC2621CA that can be bought for $300 cash. Is this a good deal? He said it was 4 years old but new. He couldn't sell them and this was his last one.....

I think I would stick with a brand where I can get serviced locally. I have gone with Stihl and haven't paid $300 combined for the weed whacker or the one needed repair I had done so far.

Maruyama equipment is all I use. Never had anything break except for one primer bulb, which is universal, on a piece of equipment that was about 18 years old at the time. You can order parts online.
Here, the lawn stores are closing, as everybody buys cheap stuff and throws it away.

Maruyama is top-notch equipment that will last you for many years to come.
You could do much worse, that's a decent model.

That being said, I always recommend buying from a dealer when possible - nothing like local dealer support.

Tanaka is another fine brand that seems to hold up well and performs great also.

Last edited:
It is from a local dealer. He said they were top notch but he couldn't convince his customers to buy them. He switched to Echo and RedMax. This one has a tag on it for $379 and is dusty. He said he sold 12 Ehco to 1 Maruyama.

Was just talking with a coworker about gas string trimmers the other day. He paid ~$380 for his Shindawa string trimmer 10yrs ago. Has never had to even tinker with the carb on it. I would think these 'yama units would be as good a machine.

IMO, Maruyama trimmers are the best of the best. They are well engineered and their manufacturing quality is excellent. They are not complex, any shop that has good mechanics can work on them without a problem, and parts are readily available. I sold them in my store alongside Echo, Shindaiwa, Stihl, and Tanaka. The commercial customers I did business-with swore by them, and many of my commercial customers were VERY hard on their equipment.
I have a Maruyama ML23S that is 25 years old. Aside from minimal normal maintenance, the ONLY things that I have done to it are to replace a primer bulb (common with ALL brands) and a broken air filter cover (my fault). It always starts on the second or third pull (it used to start on the first pull before E10), even after sitting for several months. It has been bullet-proof.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back