All those online OEM parts houses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to buy a handful of OEM Honda parts for my Accord Sport to do the popular conversion to mount the V6's 24F battery. The dealer's list price is around $75 but I can find all sorts of OEM parts warehouses online selling them for less than $50. They all have generic URL's like 'hondapartsonline', 'oemhondaparts', 'hondapartswarehouse', etc. Some seem like they are Honda dealer's online stores, some seem like they are standalone parts companies, and some seem like they are part of a larger company that sells many manufacturer's parts. So choice and availability is not a problem.

What IS a problem is that many of these sites seem so basic and somewhat 'fly by night'-ish that it's hard to tell if you're dealing with a legit company or a sketchy outfit, and customer reviews are nonexistent.

Anyone deal with places like this before? Good/bad experiences?

The various Honda sites that I've used are all dealers. I believe that is true of the sites you have listed, though I didn't dig very deep on each of them. I prefer 247hondaparts.com.

I know that some of them (ones I looked at or bought from) are just the "web" side of a regular Honda dealer's parts department. The reason they have generic web addresses is to make them easy to find in Google searches.

Originally Posted By: robertcope
The various Honda sites that I've used are all dealers. I believe that is true of the sites you have listed, though I didn't dig very deep on each of them. I prefer 247hondaparts.com.

Sorry, I just made them up as typical examples of how generic they are. I should have specified!

good way to verify is put the website and forum in a google search, eg, generichonda.com forum

Usually will see if anyone has feedback.

Check eBay and Amazon. Many of these same places or dealers without a secondary "web" name sell there too.

Which websites are you referring to ? There's no reason you can't give their names.

www.hondapartsnow.com is an interesting arrangement. Their 'parent' company also sells Acura, Ford, Toyota, Hyundai, and quite a few more and use similar website names in some cases. With Honda, they say

Quote:
All orders are packaged and shipped out by our region-based Authorized Honda dealers for quick transit times and low shipping fee.

So basically they build the front-end and pull parts from different dealer's parts departments based on availability, location, etc.

www.hondapartsonline.net is Clark Knapp Honda in McAllen TX. Straight from their "About us" page.

Last edited:
I just did this to my daughters 2012 Accord 4 dr. Didn't buy anything, just took a cut off wheel to the top mount and trimmed off the excess material.

Originally Posted By: hallstevenson

www.hondapartsnow.com is an interesting arrangement. Their 'parent' company also sells Acura, Ford, Toyota, Hyundai, and quite a few more and use similar website names in some cases.

Husker Auto Group in Lincoln, NE is another multi-franchise dealer which does online part sales.

I've talk to dealer parts guys who say that online sales can be a PITA, and require a dedicated employee just to handle them if it's to be done right.

For many dealers, it's not worth the effort. Pooling the effort like that Honda franchisee does is a smart move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back