WD40 trigger top

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone use the trigger top yet?

I was thinking about buying the gallon jug and filling my own trigger bottle. Since this would be more cost savings.

Im sure tbe aerosol can and trigger bottle are the same product minus the gas propellent.

Autozone has forever sold a white WD40 spray bottle with separate fill cap.

I saw the trigger top thing, wasnt sure of its real purpose. I just dont use much WD40.

Still, I do like pump sprayers vs aerosol for certain things. I may pick one up...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I just dont use much WD40. ...

Same here,
I make my own penetrating oil (Lacquer thinner & ATF) and other various lubes.

I really like the aerosol cans' flex metal spout they are using.

Last edited:
Yes, the thing is why do you need that much WD-40 if you're not a shop with regular repair work?
I understand the attraction of buying in bulk but you have to consider your use as well. Throwing a $2 small aerosol into every toolbox, tackle box, glove compartment and the kitchen drawer works for me. Not only is it compact, and always handy when I need it, wherever I need it, if I run out, I know where another spray bottle is. I use the same approach with Bic lighters.

I go through a good amount of wd40 each year between my snowblower, lawnmower keeping tools cleaned and protected and a bunch other misc. Uses

Last edited:
I personally don't find WD-40 all that good for a penetrating oil or a spray on protectant. I always try to find something that has some silicone in it or I use a spray can of Rust Check as a protectant.

I have heard a 50/50 mixture of Acetone and ATF can't be beat for a penetrant.
I have never tried it but I have heard it works better than anything else on the market?
https://www.familyhandyman.com/workshop/homemade-penetrating-oil/view-all/

wd40 was originally intended to be a water and ice dispersant developed by NASA
32.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back