'17 Jetta SE, one year report

Status
Not open for further replies.
My leased 2017 VW Jetta SE just turned 10,000 miles yesterday. 31.6 MPG lifetime, per the trip computer. This is 90% surface streets, and very little highway driving. No warranty repairs, had its first oil change at 8100 miles at a different dealer than I bought it from, $49.95 Tuesday special, 5w40 Castrol Edge Professional 5w40 per the receipt.

Observations: I like the VTex seats better than I might have expected...they don't feel as hot as I might have feared. I have discovered that some of my leather belts "rub off" color onto the beige seat and have left a faint stain. Center console and door trim are prone to scratching. The A/C will freeze me, but the heater seems weaker than I would have expected.

Power from the 1.4t/automatic is adequate, but on several occasions the additional "oomph" of the 1.8t would have been nice, particularly trying to beat someone across an intersection from a dead stop.

I am well-pleased. If I had to do it over, I'd get a different color combination...black paint is tough to keep clean and the Cornsilk Beige seats show stains. Maybe I'll get dark gray with black seats next time...

Originally Posted By: CincyDavid
black paint is tough to keep clean and the Cornsilk Beige seats show stains. Maybe I'll get dark gray with black seats next time...

Good color for your line of work, being in cemetery sales.
smile.gif

Also nice review.

Originally Posted By: CincyDavid
haha, thanks SatinSilver...it does match the hearses and limousines.

Look at it this way: you're looking at large wagons all day long....

Nice review. How do the "Furry kids" like it?

How is your heater not hot? I swear mine is probably the hottest one I have ever had.

Crawl under there next time and do the oil change yourself next time. Just some torx bits and a 19mm wrench is all you need!

i like VAG cars, 200thou on my 2001 hotted up jetta + now a 2001 TT roadster, retired fun car. girlfriend had a passat + jetta both good. if i were looking today + not wanting a convert it would be the sportwagon with AWD + 1.8T + 6 spd manual. i like cloth seating + know how to keep even light colors looking new. hot rodding support is great on VW's or Audi from GoAPR, just a chip tune + $700 away from massive power gains!!!!

Thanks for the one year update! Glad you're still enjoying the car and it has served you well. I've found the heater in the GTI to be pretty good, not the best though. My Jetta was mediocre though; both had/have heated seats so no biggie for me. The AC will indeed freeze you out though!

The furbabies love it, the lower "jump-in" height seems to suit them better than the CUVs. Thank heaven for a back seat dog-proof seat cover. One thing I overlooked, it's almost impossible to drive more than 45 or so MPH with the sunroof open, unless a window or two is cracked, due to buffeting. I rarely open it anyway, but my wife likes to keep it open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back