Well. The weatherman was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it might be time for a new thermometer, or place it in a shadier location, sometimes mine reads a little higher than the news reports, but not 10 degrees different. Weather.com says it's 97 in Apple Valley, CA

My house is always warmer than the town for some reason. Can't get much shadier than my back porch. Ya its a mercury thermometer. Here is my other one about 15 ft from that one.

Nice shotgun shell patio lights
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Chris142

I have the same thermometer and 2 digital ones, with the sensors at the front and back of the house, all 3 in the shade.

I live in Southern Riverside County, and the weatherman was off about 10 degrees here. They forecasted 90 and it's 98 last time I checked, which jives among the 3 house thermometers and from 2 of our cars. They all had the same reading within a degree either way.

For my area this seems to be the normal - for the forecast to be way off. Sometimes they will predict rain for several days, only to have it finally drizzle a little one morning.

Also in my city you can drive 4 or 5 miles across town and have the temperature change by 4-6 degrees.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: oldmaninsc
For my area this seems to be the normal - for the forecast to be way off. Sometimes they will predict rain for several days, only to have it finally drizzle a little one morning.
Same where I live. It seems that they always over-forecast the rain and under-forecast the snow.

Gonna be in 100's here in OK end of week and we have Florida like humidity here !!!

I cant wait till August when I get out of here and move back home to Chicago, I HATE hot weather !!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back