Motul 8100 Xcess 5W40, 5,821mi, '12 VW Golf R CRZA

Status
Not open for further replies.
This UOA is for a 2012 Volkswagen Golf R with a turbocharged 2.0L FSI CRZA four-cylinder engine running Motul 8100 X-cess 5W40. Vehicle is equipped with an APR Stage II 93 octane tune with bolt-ons and a catch can. Vehicle is daily driven with a 50/50 mix of city/highway, located in the southeast (TN). Frequent blasts of spirited driving. 1/2L oil consumption.

842fb4610715f1cd4d3d56156071ce98.jpg

0ca98e98c4ae497051feaf25a6aa4ce0.jpg

1/2l consumption on a FSI engine thats driven frequently hard is pretty [censored] good over 5.8k miles.

Lots of fuel like with the other report I commented on, as the flashpoint indicates, as does the accompanying drop in viscosity. OCI length may be appropriate due to that, I personally wouldn't run it longer than this.

Fuel in the sample. Viscosity is out of spec and Blackstone recommends adding 2,000 more miles just because there's TBN to spare?!?! Fudge Cake! Crazyness

Stick to 5K OCI. Wy there is so much fuel? Is that normal for R version of 2.0t? I know all OCI I did on Tiguan and CC I had fuel was not issue, and viscosity in one case dropped only 0.2cst.

The excessive fuel is partly due to having a Stage II ECU tune with a decent amount of city driving. I frequently see a bit of fuel dilution on tuned vehicles.

Originally Posted By: GermanAutohaus
The excessive fuel is partly due to having a Stage II ECU tune with a decent amount of city driving. I frequently see a bit of fuel dilution on tuned vehicles.

Was thinking that could be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back