Motul 8100 Xcess 5W40, 5,540mi, '13 BMW M5 S63

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a UOA for 2013 BMW M5 with an S63B44 twin turbo V8 running Motul 8100 X-cess 5W40. Vehicle is daily driven with a 50/50 mix of city/highway located in the southeast (TN). Frequent blasts of spirited driving. Zero (0) oil consumption.

842fb4610715f1cd4d3d56156071ce98.jpg

386890b6f1ea4809c4456ce07caa086d.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for posting all of these UOAs and VOAs, GermanAutohaus. Motul X-cess looks really popular at your shop. Seems to do a good job.

Originally Posted By: 1JZ_E46
Thank you for posting all of these UOAs and VOAs, GermanAutohaus. Motul X-cess looks really popular at your shop. Seems to do a good job.

You're very welcome. I'd much rather share the data with the community than keep it private. I'm all for sharing the love and I know someone, somewhere, can find it useful. The X-cess is our standard bulk oil that we use for the majority of our customers vehicles. It's continued to prove its self time and time again as a good long life oil as well as being able to handle some abuse. I want nothing but the best for our customers and using a quality oil as our baseline gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Originally Posted By: Popsy
Thank you for this UOA. I'm puzzled by the TAN number!

Definitely acidic oil but who's to say that's a bad thing? Haha. Perhaps the engine is spotless inside because it has acid flowing thru the passages? Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back