Chemical Guys review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought two Chemical Guys products last week,the leather detailer and the high shine dressing. I bought the leather detailer at Walmart for $9 and the dressing at Chemical Guys' website for $8 and they shipped it to me for only $2,can't beat that!

Both products are absolutely amazing and I'll always continue to use them as long as they're available. The leather detailer really makes the leather soft,and doesn't leave it the least bit sticky,and leaves it with that new car showroom "slick" feeling you have when the car is brand new. It has that new leather smell too which I love.

The dressing is amazing on the hard plastics and doesn't leave anything white or chalky,and the high shine is what I like. Plus it's not greasy at all. I might try it on the tires as a dressing too.

I just detailed 2 vehicles (5-yr-old car & 5-mo-old SUV) today...using some Chemical Guys products.

For both - wash - clay-bar - polish - glaze - sealant.

Used Chemical Guys Quantum pads with my PORTER-CABLE 7424XP 6-Inch DA polisher, Chemical Guys Lube (for clay-bar), and Chemical Guys Pad Cleaner. Used Meguiar's Polish, Glaze, and Ultimate Liquid Sealant.

All the Chemical Guys and other products worked great...the work got done in less than 4 hours for both vehicles.

Guess it's nap time now.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: HYUNDAIFAN0001
I just detailed 2 vehicles (5-yr-old car & 5-mo-old SUV) today...using some Chemical Guys products.

For both - wash - clay-bar - polish - glaze - sealant.

Used Chemical Guys Quantum pads with my PORTER-CABLE 7424XP 6-Inch DA polisher, Chemical Guys Lube (for clay-bar), and Chemical Guys Pad Cleaner. Used Meguiar's Polish, Glaze, and Ultimate Liquid Polymer Sealant.

All the Chemical Guys and other products worked great...the work got done in less than 4 hours for both vehicles.

Guess it's nap time now.
grin.gif

The Chemical Guys Lube worked great during the clay-bar process while their Pad Cleaner did a fantastic job at the end during cleanup.

Following the 5 step plan (about 2 hours per car) from start to finish yesterday rendered some nice results - worth the time to do this right. Even all the glass got treated. My wife's 5-year old Honda Accord hasn't looked this good in years. The SUV turned out nicely too.

Dew6x3-VMAALCS7.jpg

Dew6zBEVMAA6DeQ.jpg

Dew7IeyVQAAmzO9.jpg

Dew7O83VQAMzPk9.jpg

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Your cars look great!
cheers3.gif

Thank you.

I'm now a big fan of Chemical Guys & Meguiar's in combination.

Have you tried any of the Chemical Guys spray waxes?

Man that Santa Fe's bright white color looks awesome! That's the cleanest brightest white I've ever seen!

Man that Santa Fe's bright white color looks awesome! That's the cleanest brightest white I've ever seen!

Only tried the interior products & various pads & pad cleaner- everything from them has worked very well so far.

As for the final result- it’s actually a pearl white paint that turned out terrific- using a Porter Cable polisher with the Chemical Guys pads for polish, glaze, and sealer cut the time in 1/2 to get all the steps completed.

I'm a fan of their car wash soap and rinse-free "car wash and wax". Never tried their waxes, while I'm a Griot's fan for wax, Chemical Guys makes a wax for black cars I want to try.

I've recently tried a couple chemical guys products. I have the purple detailer spray and got the butter wet wax on an amazon flash deal (11.99) both are very good and easy to use.

I hope so, his Santa Fe is a 2018.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

I hope so, his Santa Fe is a 2018.

...and I intend to keep it looking like that for a loooooooooong time...it didn't even look that good on Day 1 when I took it home from the dealer...

Keeping it this way will involve regular detailing.

I'm armed with the right polisher, pads, microfiber towels, and chemicals to accomplish that.

Chemical Guys is pretty good for a one stop shop for everything. It should be known that they don’t make all of their products. It can be a hit or miss experience.

On the subject of quick detailer sprays, try their Hybrid V7. It is well known to be an excellent quick detailer that leaves a very nice shine.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Chemical Guys is pretty good for a one stop shop for everything. It should be known that they don’t make all of their products. It can be a hit or miss experience.

On the subject of quick detailer sprays, try their Hybrid V7. It is well known to be an excellent quick detailer that leaves a very nice shine.

There are two things I don't like about ChemicGuys:

1) If you order something that needs to be returned for any reason - YOU have to pay the return postage.
2) For any returns - they charge a 15% "restocking fee" - so make sure you order what you really need.

In my case...all was well until one of my orders there went into perpetual shipping loops until arriving 9 days later. Since I needed 2 of the 3 items before that time, I reordered elsewhere. I sent back the duplicate items I no longer needed. My postage cost.

That in itself is a good enough reason to order through Autogeek-Autopia. Then you have access to multiple brands and the customer service is better.

That in itself is a good enough reason to order through Autogeek-Autopia. Then you have access to multiple brands and the customer service is better.

Chemical Guys products are also on Amazon.

Practicing the preach...just ordered some of this...on Amazon...free 2 day delivery and a little lower price than on ChemicalGuys own site (supposed to be some pretty good stuff) - we'll have to see the results next time it can be used here.

Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 Optical Select High Glass Spray Sealant & Quick Detailer

512mgf1MKIL._SL1000_.jpg

Practicing the preach...just ordered some of this...on Amazon...free 2 day delivery and a little lower price than on ChemicalGuys own site (supposed to be some pretty good stuff) - we'll have to see the results next time it can be used here.

Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 Optical Select High Glass Spray Sealant & Quick Detailer

512mgf1MKIL._SL1000_.jpg

Let us know what you think. This and Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer are the two that come up most often in discussions. I’ve read some threads on Autogeek where they mix them 50/50. That is probably unnecessary and both products not only give a nice shine but have sealant properties to boot.

I use the Sonax BSD and the water beading action is excellent for several weeks plus it gives a deep shine to our silver vehicle. I’ll bet the CG V7 is very much like that as well.

Let us know what you think. This and Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer are the two that come up most often in discussions. I’ve read some threads on Autogeek where they mix them 50/50. That is probably unnecessary and both products not only give a nice shine but have sealant properties to boot.

I use the Sonax BSD and the water beading action is excellent for several weeks plus it gives a deep shine to our silver vehicle. I’ll bet the CG V7 is very much like that as well.

Will do. Hope to try it this weekend or next.

Also read good things about the Sonax product.

I've recently done the full 5-step (wash, clay bar, polish, glaze, and polymer sealer wax - all Meguiar's) process that resulted in an amazing exterior shine/finish with protection. Using a Porter Cable DA polisher, that full cycle took about 2 hours.

This time around...I'll simply be washing first and then applying the Chemical Guys V7 spray detailer and observe the results. The process (easy of application and actual shine) will also be important to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back