Castrol syn 0w20 9946mi 2016 Mazda 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good metal wear rates, never mind it's low FP/fuel dilution .
10k with TBN 3.5 indicates this oil could go further.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PimTac
Good report for 10k. Over how many months was this oil ran?
5 Months and 22 days.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Looks good, a bit less viscosity than i'd like, but the fuel dilution is less than some DI uoa reports.
Thanks for your comments. My first thought about the fuel was because of this engine being DI. I don't think it's a bad report. Refilled with same oil and will go the same 10k miles and get a report to have some averages in all temp and driving conditions. I will be switching to Kendall 0w20 at the next change, so I wanted to see how this was comparing.

Originally Posted By: hcbarger
Good report for 10k. Over how many months was this oil ran?
5 Months and 22 days.

Thanks for that. A 7500 oci would help with the fuel dilution but you would be changing oil every 3 months at that rate.

With that flash there's more than 1.5% fuel in your oil. I wouldn't run it further.

Looks good, a bit less viscosity than i'd like, but the fuel dilution is less than some DI uoa reports.
Thanks for your comments. My first thought about the fuel was because of this engine being DI. I don't think it's a bad report. Refilled with same oil and will go the same 10k miles and get a report to have some averages in all temp and driving conditions. I will be switching to Kendall 0w20 at the next change, so I wanted to see how this was comparing.

switching to Kendall on next OCI, ehh. what are your thoughts on Idemitsu 0w-20 retail.

The Mazda SkyActiv engines have shown better numbers as far as fuel dilution goes. They are constantly improving their engines every year as well.

The Mazda SkyActiv engines have shown better numbers as far as fuel dilution goes. They are constantly improving their engines every year as well.

I just sold a Mazda3 with a 2.5L Skyactiv - I thought it was a great engine - fun to drive hard. I wish I would’ve sent for a UOA before I sold it.

Originally Posted By: nike360baller

switching to Kendall on next OCI, ehh. what are your thoughts on Idemitsu 0w-20 retail.
Idemitsu is fine. I get kendall below cost, and it has done well in every other vehicle i've used it in. I want to at least see what it returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back