Mini fridge thermostat

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Frigidaire mini (2.5 cubic ft) thermostat seems to be the culprit in not keeping ice frozen. I've You Tubed the problem took out the old part which is WPF 21 rated: 250V, 6A, 50/60 Hz. The video is old and WPF 21 is no longer available. Can I use WPF 22 or 20 safely and would either work?

WPF 22:220-250V 5(4)A 50/60Hz
WPF 20: 220-250V, 6 A, 60 Hz

Not being electrically educated, I don't want to just buy a new mini fridge and throw this one out. I've already taken the old thermostat out and can put a new one in easily.

Last edited:
WPF 20. You want the electrical ratings of the replacement to be equal to or greater than the ratings of the part you are replacing.

If the fridge cycles on and off, and you just need it to run a little colder when the dial is on max, turn the calibration screw. I think there is one reachable through a hole on the end opposite the wires. The screw on the plastic part near the wires likely should not be turned.

A mini fridge uses only 1 or 2 amps so the amp rating is not important. The difference between the 20, 21, and 22 is likely temperature range.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back