New Fram Ultra Air Filters at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
The Ultra XG air filters are probably reboxed Tough Guards, and that's ok. The TG/XG air filters are good stuff, still have the same lightly-oiled yellow media. I would use them in any application they are available for
smile.gif

It appears Fram added a few new applications going from TG --> Ultra. The Ultra is not available for a couple Toyotas from the 00s, for example. They may have also deleted some applications as well (for example, no more TG7351)

But one thing that still irritates me is that Fram STILL doesn't make TG/XG air filters for many of the cars that originally come with lightly-oiled air filters from the factory, such as most late-model Hondas. Why not make the Ultra air filter on cars where the OEM filter is oiled?
mad.gif

I used to use the Purolator P1 air filters with the pretty blue media, but unfortunately they stopped making them.
Exactly-I would like to see what has changed between the TG and Ultra, other than the price... I still miss the discontinued Air Hog ones.

I believe the Tough Guard air filter for a name change to the ultra. Old post of mine. https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4650569/Re:_Purchased_a_Fram_TGA9332_N#Post4650569

Originally Posted By: JustinH
For that price I can get two denso filters delivered to my door, and change them once a year.

If you can get a Denso filter for your application. There is no Denso AF's for domestics and there is no Fram TG AF's for imports (that use a Denso rigid style filter.)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Deceptive marketing at its worst. No thanks, Fram. Just keep it.

I wouldn't call it deceptive. I'd call it dumbed down for the average consumer. I'd gather there's plenty of fine print, as is common, to follow OEM intervals. The G37's air filter interval is mileage based, with a specific instruction to ignore time, of all things.

Yeah, Fram hired the group of World Champions to run their website that also run Walmart's awesome website online.

Originally Posted By: RyanY
Am I missing something? I can't find the ultra air filter listed on the fram site.

But call them up and I got a case of their top tier stuff. Superb company. I'm not sharing which 'complaint code' nets the freebies either.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RyanY
Am I missing something? I can't find the ultra air filter listed on the fram site.

Fram only offers the Extra Guard air filter for the applications in your sig line.

Originally Posted By: nike360baller
Still no support on this for Honda Civic. This is a problem.

Can't take no for an answer, Mike? What's it going to take?

I had to take the cabin filter out of my Gen Coupe.
frown.gif
Could not stop mice from making a nest there. Tried bar soap, moth balls and it takes about two months for them to trash it.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
How do they get inside the cabin?

Some how they get on top of the filter. It's basically open to the cowl but I have screened it. Not actually getting into the interior.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
Some how they [mice] get on top of the filter. It's basically open to the cowl but I have screened it. ...
Have you tried peppermint oil? Used motor oil?

Shouldn't this topic be in the cabin air filter department?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back