Ambient Temp: 100°F
Dew Point: 75°F
Rh: 44%
Heat Index: 116°F
Solar Intensity: 470 W/M^2
Solar Heat Index: 124°F

Bare soil in Sun: 125°F
Bleached asphalt roadway: 130°F

Curious to see if the ambient temp > 90°F @ 10pm this evening.

Stay Cool....

I live in New York.
We have hot Summers and cold Winters.

That's why I heat my house in the Summer
and
air-condition it in the Winter.

What I've noticed for my comfort level is:
In 'cold' weather, you feel it on the outside of your body,
In 'hot' weather, you feel it on the inside of your body.

Originally Posted By: MasterSolenoid
That's why I heat my house in the Summer
and
air-condition it in the Winter.
Must be a Yankee thing...
Don't come down here: You'll MELT!

Originally Posted By: Eddie
And summer doesn't arrive for several more weeks.
Some years we hit 100F on May 1. Seasons aren't really applicable here given the climate is "humid, sub-tropicial". I guess your's is "humid/tropical".

Yup, although less humid than Friday. Cool front comes through tonight, high of only 90 tomorrow.

Our AVERAGE humidity is 80% in SE TX. We would absolutely love 15% or even 44%. Mix in 90% RH with 98 degrees. Its just stupid bad.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Our AVERAGE humidity is 80% in SE TX. We would absolutely love 15% or even 44%. Mix in 90% RH with 98 degrees. Its just stupid bad.
That humidity is insane! I would could not live in a climate like that. I would never go outside lol

Originally Posted By: tom slick
It’s hot here too
Paso Robles, Calif.
102 F
15% humidity
Dew point 40 F
That kind of heat I could easily handle, as you instantly feel cooler when in the shade. Dry heat is far more tolerable than humid-heat; although you can quickly get in trouble from it before you realize it....especially at altitude.

I'm all too familiar with that having grown up in Houston.

It's particularly important to watch out for children. They're not able to tolerate it as well as adults. Their little cooling systems just are not up to the task. Any child with a fire-red face needs IMMEDIATE attention, transported out of the heat & Sun, their clothes loosened, shoes & socks removed, a fan to blow on them, and plenty of cool water. They should be peeing frequently to maintain their core temp at proper tempertures.

It's also wise to keep an eye on dogs. They don't sweat. Their only means of cooling off short of a swim is to pant. Furthermore, asphalt pavement can easily reach 160°F (down here), during early afternoon, which will burn their pads. An evening trip to the vet ER can easily run you close to $1000 as they'll want to keep them overnight for observation and to administer fluids.

Stay safe out there...

The upside is you all have AC to help on the comfort side!

We hit that occasionally in New England in terms of temp and dew point but suffer due to spotty AC if any in most homes. Thankfully it goes away and makes me appreciate all the seasons!

We lived in Brownsville TX for 11 years. I would be covered in sweat from walking to the mailbox and back, humidity was off the scale. Now in NE TX, still hot but nowhere near as humid.

Compared to last year it really has gotten hot earlier. I wouldn't expect theses temps until July.

I think back to the late 70's and early 80's. I played high school football in SE TX back then (just like Al Bundy
grin2.gif
) We practiced 2X a day, in August, for 2 hours each session. We ran until we collapsed sometimes. We wore heavy full pads with nylon skin tight pants and a nylon jersey. Get this: It was so "old school" that we were not allowed to drink water. We just grabbed handfuls of dirty ice every 30 minutes or so. The theory was to "make you tough".

Now, a coach trying to run football like that would literally be arrested today.

Plenty warm & dry early this year, we went under Stage 1 watering restrictions last month due to low aquifer level. Wondering what late August will be like this year.

Date: June 3, 2018
Time: 6:45pm DST; 23:45 GMT
Ambient Temp: 96°F
Dew Point: 78°F
Rh: 56%
Heat Index: 113°F
Solar Intensity: 83 W/M^2
Solar Heat Index: 113°F

Thick, overcast clouds today. 30% chance of rain this evening.

Indoors: 79°F; Rh = 41%. Quite a change walking inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back