rock solid picatinny QD mount?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any suggestions for a QD picatinny mount? Have a 3x prism optic I'm considering mounting up to replace my A2 carry handle but want to be able to jetison for BUIS "if necessary." Looks like the QD mounts are a dime a dozen online but I'd like recommendations on a decent quality unit that won't shift POA/POI. This would be a low profile picatinny qd riser.

LaRue Tactical
GG&G
Bobro
American Defense Mounts

All solid brands. Wouldn't trust too many other brands.

I have a GG&G quick disconnect mount for the AimPoint on one of my ARs and could not be happier. Plus the red dot aligns perfectly with the GG&G BUIS.

I've been having very good results with Bobro. They are self adjusting to the rail and the locking lever can be easily moved to either side and run opening forwards or backwards. I'm using their ACOG mount on an .223 AUG that I swap to 9mm (with a different optic) and back and the zero remains perfect.

BSW

Originally Posted By: buck91
Any suggestions for a QD picatinny mount? Have a 3x prism optic I'm considering mounting up to replace my A2 carry handle but want to be able to jetison for BUIS "if necessary." Looks like the QD mounts are a dime a dozen online but I'd like recommendations on a decent quality unit that won't shift POA/POI. This would be a low profile picatinny qd riser.

I've dumped QD and gone to torque to spec and just bought quality optics. Nothing QD out there really impressed me as durable as the optic itself.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
LaRue Tactical
GG&G
Bobro
American Defense Mounts

Originally Posted By: Ws6

I've dumped QD and gone to torque to spec and just bought quality optics. Nothing QD out there really impressed me as durable as the optic itself.

LaRue QD mounts have been shown to repeat zero after being removed and reinstalled on precision Long range rigs in courses like Magpul Dynamics Long range rifle-if they return to zero for 1000yd work they’ll work for your application.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Balrog006
Originally Posted By: Reddy45
LaRue Tactical
GG&G
Bobro
American Defense Mounts

Originally Posted By: Ws6

LaRue QD mounts have been shown to repeat zero after being removed and reinstalled on precision Long range rigs in courses like Magpul Dynamics Long range rifle-if they return to zero for 1000yd work they’ll work for your application.

LaRue was a good alternative to ARMS. That's where my praise stops.

A.R.M.S. makes very nice products. A bit on the pricey side, maybe, but you buy them once and they last a lifetime and work as they should.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jjjxlr8
A.R.M.S. makes very nice products. A bit on the pricey side, maybe, but you buy them once and they last a lifetime and work as they should.

I have heard that the new adjustable gen II levers from ARMS are indeed good kit, but the damage to their reputation done by their initial Gen 1 mounts, as well as the "war" between **** Swan and Mark LaRue in LaRue's early years has forever relegated them to Tier 2 in the minds of the vast majority. The fact that the Elcan still ships with Gen 1 levers as far as I know is just a nail in the coffin. Noone is buying ARMS mounts when better alternatives exist except for a vastly outnumbered minority building clone-correct weapons or the like.

I wasn't aware of any drama or issues with ARMS products. I use the ARMS #18 mount and #22 throw lever rings on my M1A and they work perfectly. I installed the mount once and have never had to mess with it in 10 years, not even to tighten screws. The ARMS #22 throw lever rings are a bit tight fitting, but they always return to zero and I remove them after every range trip. The parts work as they should and have been 100% reliable.

My friend has a throw lever LaRue mount and he has also had no issues. Lot's of great choices on the market!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back