YTD 2018: Jeep Outselling all Toyota/Lexus Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears people like them, a lot. We're happy with both of our Jeeps and sooner or later be buying another one.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Successful even with Sergio at the helm. Impressive!

I thought Sergio turned them around?

That is crazy though. I'm hesitant to read the tea leaves and predict the death of the sedan, but it sure ain't looking good. First Ford bails, now Toyota sedans are falling behind Jeep sales. Who would have thought?

Originally Posted By: supton

That is crazy though. I'm hesitant to read the tea leaves and predict the death of the sedan, but it sure ain't looking good. First Ford bails, now Toyota sedans are falling behind Jeep sales. Who would have thought?

I believe the Wrangler was only a few hundred units shy of outselling the Camry in April 2018!

Last edited:
Marketing gimmicks to find another brain-dead buyer for Chrysler. If it was Ford, I would have thought twice before posting, but Chrysler, never.
Never liked the entire Chrysler line up incl. those ugly Dodges built on MB chassis.
Brute torque and nothing else.

I would have lost that bet.

Next door neighbor has a new RAM truck. Neighbor down the street has two new Jeeps. My old Cherokee was pretty good.

It's cool that the Cherokee still has some off-road capability. Why they thought 25 cu.ft was sufficient behind the seats though is a mystery to me... That discounted it from my consideration anyways.

Originally Posted By: supton

I thought Sergio turned them around?

I think Sergio just annoys people and people forget what he can accomplish outside of that.

Originally Posted By: MaximaGuy
Marketing gimmicks to find another brain-dead buyer for Chrysler. If it was Ford, I would have thought twice before posting, but Chrysler, never.
Never liked the entire Chrysler line up incl. those ugly Dodges built on MB chassis.

Obviously there is a rather large group of people who have a very different opinion of the brand.

I admit I love my ugly Dodge Charger. I'll submit it isn't as smooth as a Lexus. Cannot beat the bang for your buck performance wise. It handles curves in the road quite well for its size.

He got rid of those Rubbermaid interiors Daimler was using!

It validates that the CUV/SUV thingy is what people want. I think that's pretty much a given now that sedans are dying and may be dead in 10-15 years. Still don't get the love for Jeep though.

I've got a new JL Wrangler and it is amazing. I love my JK Wrangler, but there really is no comparison. I'm creeping up on 5k miles and it has no issues. Fit and finish are excellent, the engine/6speed tranny are a perfect match, and it gets better mpg than my JK even though it is running on 35" tires. The new soft top is light years ahead of anything before it. It is VERY easy to operate, and there are no zippers. I can jump out and put it up or down in about 10 seconds. It is better on road and more capable off-road. They hit a grand slam with the new Wrangler and they are now raking in the cash. When they turn the new pickup loose, they'll hit it even further. They are killing it right now with Jeep.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Obviously there is a rather large group of people who have a very different opinion of the brand.

Yes, if you look at overall sales in the U.S., FCA sells more vehicles than Honda and Subaru combined and has sales comparable to Toyota.

Jan 17 to Jan 18 Sales Figures

Ed

Last edited:
Must be the lovely ZF licensed transmissions that attracts them
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back