Incorrect size: Fram 10295xg filter gasket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fram 10295 xg filter gaskets are to large for the canister on tundras. We have had 3 at work come back with the gasket pinched. First i thought it was the techs mistake. But i confirmed for myself the gasket has alot of play on the canister lid. We have been using a tg gasket instead of the xg gasket when tundras come in. Its the 5.7 tundra. Maybe its the batch at my wm. but its been a on going problem for a few months now.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can contact Fram on their website, and they seem to be very responsive about issues seen by customers.

Originally Posted By: Dylan1303
Fram 10295 xg filter gaskets are to large for the canister on tundras. We have had 3 at work come back with the gasket pinched. First i thought it was the techs mistake. But i confirmed for myself the gasket has alot of play on the canister lid. We have been using a tg gasket instead of the xg gasket when tundras come in. Its the 5.7 tundra. Maybe its the batch at my wm. but its been a on going problem for a few months now.

Do u have a pic of the gasket installed on the toyota oil filter canister? I wanna to see the amount of play. I have toyota v6 that used the FU XG9972 and you normally need a screw driver inserted into available slot to pry off the tight gasket.

Ive sent a email that they provided our store. Im thinking it is a bad batch? We dont really go through those filters maybe 20 a month. Then it depends if the cust will upgrade to a ultra.

Hey another cartridge gasket problem.

Spend a couple bucks and get a few factory o-rings. Replace them when they need replaced.

Problem solved.

Shouldn't a person be a able to use the o-ring with the filter, instead of making an extra trip to the dealer for the o-ring?

I can't speak for the Japanese makes, but with some of the German things I've seen, I've been able to get the filters, the o-rings, or both together in a kit, which is obviously the preferable way to do so.

Maybe it is limited to that specific filter. I just used an Ultra on my Rubicon and the O-Ring fit perfectly. I wonder if they'll correct it with the next batch and let the filters with the wrong O-Ring stay in circulation until they're used up and hope for the best. Or recall them, or send out new O-Rings to people that bought one, or bury their heads like Purolator did with the torn media issue.
wink.gif
Time will tell. Either way it will be interesting.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I can't speak for the Japanese makes, but with some of the German things I've seen, I've been able to get the filters, the o-rings, or both together in a kit, which is obviously the preferable way to do so.

The cartridge filter I got for our Camry had the filter, both o-rings, and the drain tool all in the box. Around $8 all together at the dealer, not a bad price if you ask me. My VW's have been the same, filter and o-ring.

If it's been an ongoing problem as the OP states, then it's OK to bash Fram products.

So many filter sizes. I wonder how many "O" ring sizes there are in element oil filter applications worldwide.

Bad reverse "engineering." Fram copied wrong the cartridge center hole sizes too on some. As far as I am concerned they swept the Ultra rattle problem under the rug. No real answer was given. They didn't try hard enough to find out their mistake, but as usual are quick to blame something else. First time it was glazed oil on a defect. It's OK to say this as already Purolator has been brought up in a Fram thread. Fram isn't that great on QC. I gave them a try, no more for me.

Thread reopened: if it reverts to typical drama, people will get time off.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Delta
The cartridge filter I got for our Camry had the filter, both o-rings, and the drain tool all in the box. Around $8 all together at the dealer, not a bad price if you ask me. My VW's have been the same, filter and o-ring.

Good, that's the way it should be, but with some jobbers, one has to be careful.
wink.gif

Why would Fram want to use a different colored O-ring for their Ultra canisters besides marketing? It would make more sense to include the standard black one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back