If you couldn't change oil again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which oil would you choose to leave in forever.

I put 40wt redline in the 75 vette several years ago and plan to leave it. I have $2 valvoline 5w20 in the old 84 suburban and Mobil 1 sale oil in the 02 suburban.

I plan to continue to change the 08 mustangs oil every couple of years. I have to change the trans AM's oil every 3-6 months due to coolant contamination.

username " Crusher " is approaching 100,000 miles on the Amsoil in his 2001 Expedition (or was it an Excursion?)

He does add oil when he changes filters.

But, really - a good bypass oil filter should keep the "mostly" good *forever* if used for a lot of highway miles and use low sulphur fuel.

I have personally seen a Chevy 350 (1993 model 1500 PU) run well over 50,000 miles on one oil change of Mobil 1 10W-30....

That truck eventually went over 200,000 miles and still ran fine.

.... so there you go.

I'd buy an electric car.

Can't wait for Porsche to start implementing their Mission E technology across the line. Sign me up for an electric 911. Hang the battery out back -Tradition.

For true apocalyptic conditions, I’d go for some Xw-40 or Xw-50 probably a HDEO, full saps, stupid high tbn. Also sold by the pail, so there’s a decent chance of finding a 5 gallon supply in a warehouse somewhere.

I believe the question was leave in forever. Not a brand to use forever.

I would probably go with Amsoil SSO

What I've got probably would work for the lifetime of the G37 in a pinch, with sufficient TBN. What's in the F-150 would probably suffice, too, assuming it doesn't decide to leak again like mad anytime soon.
wink.gif
I do have some Defy I could throw in before I had to commit to the decision!

My plow truck has a perfectly rounded drain plug that won't come off with vise grips, extractors, any of that business.

I stuck some aquarium bubbler line down the dipstick hole and siphoned out the old black goo. It drained a quart per day!

Once most of that was out I put some rotella 10w30 in, "for life", along with a "blue mountain" filter I got for a buck at lowes a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back