Porsche Suspends All Sales of New Cars in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTK

According to the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung newspaper, the new standards are meant to take into account of the ultrafine particles emitted by the new generation of direct injection gas engines.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Say no to DI engines.

Until you tell the manufactures no they are going to keep pushing their junk on you!

Originally Posted By: SeaJay
Just got to love all of this new technology to squeeze the last decimal of MPG rating.

Considering how portly and overweight cars have to be these days to meet safety regulations, it's kinda necessary.

It's be nice if people stopped being scared of fission. Where is my nuclear powered car?

A fine example of the EU's endless witchhunt against the ICE and VAGs engineering priorities (or lack thereof). The engineering departments that have been working on reducing GDI soot will be the ones with the solution, not VAG. We're talking about the company that uses advanced valve closing (vs retarded IVC) Miller valve timing and tried to create their very own combustion cycle (Budack cycle, named after their own Ralf Budack). What a set of clowns.

Originally Posted By: TTK
According to the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung newspaper, the new standards are meant to take into account of the ultrafine particles emitted by the new generation of direct injection gas engines.

This is why I stated before this was news that gasoline powered vehicles will have a GPF, Gasoline Particulate Filter just like diesels.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/4725980

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: SeaJay
Just got to love all of this new technology to squeeze the last decimal of MPG rating.

At the cost of helping pollute humans out of existence.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Say no to DI engines.

Coming from someone who "newest" car is 9 years old.......

Makes me wonder if Porsche is trying to get ahead of a software emissions cheating scandal by pointing to any available issue as a distraction and delay.

Originally Posted By: Kira
There has to be more to know besides the thread's title.

The halt in sales will last until Porsche adapts to the new WLTP test standards for vehicle emissions and fuel consumption, which will step into effect across the European Union in September.

Used cars and trucks are so nice
smile.gif

I currently have 2 cars with DI motors. The M235i replaced a Mazdaspeed3 with a turbo DI motor. The MS3 was running as good as new at 158k when I traded it for the 2er. The Clubman has 110k on the clock- no issues there either.
Still, I long for the days when cars had carburetors and distributors with ignition points. They were so much more economical, reliable and faster...
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Pretty soon, only the rich will be able to afford new cars.

That's why leasing is becoming more popular. Leasing accounts for 30% of new cars moved off the lot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back