Backup Camera for 2013 200 Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a 2013 Chrysler 200 hard top convertible to replace my aging 2005 Chrysler Sebring Convertible. The car has every option but somehow Chrysler left out a backup camera on this generation 200/Avenger. With the trunk being a dual hinged design, I am baffled at how I would run a wire for a backup camera when the license plate is on the trunk lid and the backup light is contained in the tail light assembly on the quarter panel. Might be a longshot, but does anyone have experience doing this, is there a trick to doing it with a dual action trunklid?

No idea as to your car .

I installed a 7" display stereo head end in a Silverado and a cheap ebay back up camera wired to it . My advice is to buy a better camera than I did .

There will be a factory wire conduit taking power to the license plate lights, trunk lock, etc. Most manufacturers use a split loom that makes it easy to add additional wires. Find that wire conduit and either insert your custom wiring inside it, or follow its path exactly to get safely past the hinges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back