New Car Paint Spots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

Not sure how to describe this...but the paint has some yellowish spots in certain areas. Is the proper procedure to clay it then wax? Tried lightly with my finger nail but appears below surface. Any advice would be appreciated.

That thar looks like rust. On a new car? Yikes!
15.gif

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Rail dust.

Iron-X then clay if you still need to.

I agree with this diagnosis.

Originally Posted By: montero1
Naval Jelly.

DON’T unless you want to ruin your paint job. The iron remover products are much safer for the paint coat. Use as directed.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mbacfp
Thanks all. Will let everyone know how it turns out.

They do kind of stink like rotten eggs/sulfer. Which is why there's a lemon scented one. I would also avoid the soap version since it didn't do much as far as removing the spots. The sprays work great.

Originally Posted By: mbacfp
Thanks...I have zero experience with this. Appreciate the help.

Here is a video showing how to use it. Griots is a good brand as is IronX. There are several very good brands out there and they all work similarly. Ventilation is necessary.

https://youtu.be/QIxMa8Ogo38

Originally Posted By: CT8
New car? Return to dealer and see what they will do.

Ruin the paint most likely.

9 times out of 10 they'll run straight to a rotary with a wool pad.

Then he'll be worse off.

Iron-X and a well vented area will have you sorted.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: CT8
New car? Return to dealer and see what they will do.

Ruin the paint most likely.

9 times out of 10 they'll run straight to a rotary with a wool pad.

Then he'll be worse off.

Iron-X and a well vented area will have you sorted.

I agree. To top it all off they will likely run it thru a automated wash. So many new cars are horribly treated by the dealerships.

I think our CRV has the same problem, its in white color too; You don't see it unless you washing it, and when you really look up closer; the dealership usually puts some type of paint shield for extra $$ but we declined the service; too late now to show few rusty spots; honestly, the car is no longer new, and I'm OK with that; few paint chips or dents are everywhere on any car on the road

Originally Posted By: TheLawnRanger
For the money you paid, I would take it back and let them fix it. It's their responsibility.

And a few months later, he'll probably see this:
a90759b9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back