Cabin filter - 2015 Caravan After 40,000 KM

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC1

Hi guys,

Here are some pics from the OEM Cabin filter. First time being changed after 40,xxx KM (26K miles) on Feb 24th. Went with a Pronto for replacement from Rock Auto.

Last edited:
How often do you plan on changing it in the future? The original filter seems to be very dirty after 3 years of service!

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
How often do you plan on changing it in the future? The original filter seems to be very dirty after 3 years of service!

I will check it each year (I do less than 10K miles a year). I already bought two more from Rockauto.

I had a carbon filter from China installed and it stunk terribly. Smelled fine on AC, but max/recirculate smelled dingy. Granted I did have it installed reverse as the arrow I thought meant to point in relation to the horizon, but the next filter (made here) smelled great and the included directions stated which way the airflow was for that vehicle.

So, two lessons. Proper detailed instructions are like sharing intellectual property and ARE worth money.

Two, I dont think the EPA has expanded their help and care to foreign countries yet.

China makes some superb medical supplies- but I think the air quality is terrible in and around the air filter plant- thus attaching its odors to the filter before shipment. Looked well made, but tells me we should help the PRC out with environmental standards anyway, but especially since they help us so very much with producing mass quantities of goods and merchandise.

Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
Is the stock filter carbon activated?

No it wasn't carbon activated. Just the plan white filter.

The carbon activated cabin filters are awesome and worth the extra cost imo. The charcoal does help with the odors from outside
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back