Tire Choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Stevie
Originally Posted By: Propflux01
It’s time to replace the General Altima’s R43’s on my Elantra ( good tire but Loud!). I think I’ve narrowed it down to two choices, with my main goal of quiet and comfortable ride (as can be with 17” wheels).

WOW! I was planning on going to the General Altima’s R43 on my wife's 2014 Elantra Limited with the 17" low profile tires. And noise and comfort is my biggest concern. First I've heard of them being loud.

I don't need a tire for snow or winter as if it snows here I'm not going out of the house.

So this thread is very interesting to me. I probably won't need tire for like 6 months but am studying my options now. I was going with the General Altima’s R43 till I saw this.

The general R43 handles very good. Wear bars are almost showing and I am just now starting to have to slow down in rain. Usually tires last about 30K here, no matter what brand. They are on the wife's GT, and she loves them, and doesn't hear the noise like I do with mine. I would not throw them to the curb just over my issue.

I have the Premier on my Accord (known for road noise) and I feel they are the best money can buy for the requirements you list. Wet braking holds top priority for me. I have the Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on my smaller cars and they stick to wet roads even better. Both of these would please you, the Pilot's may not last as long. Needing only 1/4 ounce of weight to balance it almost seemed a waste of money to road force balance them. Quality control on the ones I purchased were excellent. If I only get 30K miles out of them I consider the safety worth it. As an independent dealer I can sell any brand but you know what I put on my vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back