Purolator Boss 14610 12,044 Miles Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
interested in the boss line of oil filters said to use 100% synthetic media, next down is the pure one using a mix media + bottom of the filter chain is their regular filter, gotta read all the details + use the correct letters + numbers!!

I am starting to gather that higher micron numbers (40) are how filter manufacturers are creating their extended performance oil filters. For example, the Purolator Boss and Wix XP are both advertised as suitable for extended OCIs and both have higher micron ratings. There are a few exceptions (M1 EP and Bosch D+) but you pay significantly more for those.

Personally I am sticking with the Bosch Premium (filtech) and WIX standard as they are both rated 99% at 20 microns (although the Bosch has a higher holding capacity). Neither of these is advertised as suitable for extended OCI although they are very good filters and excellent value.

Originally Posted By: DGXR
I am starting to gather that higher micron numbers (40) are how filter manufacturers are creating their extended performance oil filters. For example, the Purolator Boss and Wix XP are both advertised as suitable for extended OCIs and both have higher micron ratings. There are a few exceptions (M1 EP and Bosch D+) but you pay significantly more for those.

Not all long FCI filters sacrifice efficiency for an extended change interval. Quite a few out there that are 99% at 20 microns and rated anywhere between 10k and 20k miles.

Originally Posted By: DGXR
Personally I am sticking with the Bosch Premium (filtech) and WIX standard as they are both rated 99% at 20 microns (although the Bosch has a higher holding capacity). Neither of these is advertised as suitable for extended OCI although they are very good filters and excellent value.

The regular WIX is 95% at 20 microns, not 99%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back