Not Getting Reply Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not getting email notifications about replies to my posts. People are replying to my posts, just not getting email notification. It is marked in preferences that I get them.

Someone told me that I have to manually go in (in the link at the top of the posts, that says Topic Options) and manually have BITOG subscribe me to each thread i want notifications for--even if I have already posted in that thread. "Add Topic to your Watched Topics" is the option to click on. I did that and I don't think I've ever had a problem afterwards.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: borgward
I am not getting email notifications about replies to my posts. People are replying to my posts, just not getting email notification. It is marked in preferences that I get them.

You have no watch lists, that's why you are getting no emails.

Originally Posted By: HeritageHighRoof
I have had the same issue and have found no solution.

You have no watch lists and haven't elected to have emails sent.

Originally Posted By: paulri
Someone told me that I have to manually go in (in the link at the top of the posts, that says Topic Options) and manually have BITOG subscribe me to each thread i want notifications for--even if I have already posted in that thread. "Add Topic to your Watched Topics" is the option to click on. I did that and I don't think I've ever had a problem afterwards.

Exactly

Originally Posted By: wwillson
Originally Posted By: HeritageHighRoof
I have had the same issue and have found no solution.

You have no watch lists and haven't elected to have emails sent.

I actually do have a thread watch list. My issue appears to be that I needed to check the box the in "edit preferences" to allow email notifications.

Now that you mention it, that someone was you.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: wwillson
Originally Posted By: paulri

Exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back