GMC 3500 sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Zee09
I usually overload my one ton truck and you would be surprised how easy that is to do.

You do see obviously overloaded pickups all of the time.
My guess is that for short distances at moderate speeds this isn't a huge issue.
Flying down the interstate would be another matter.

Nice find Phishin! I really have grown to like long beds on the regular cabs. Is yours considered a Silverado? For my 2003 3/4, they left the C/K as used on the old SBC 350s and called them Silverados, but we all still know what C and K denote.

I like calling heavy reg cab long bed trucks- tractors- as they lean slightly forward and look so upright. 6.2? 6.0 here. Wonder if and when the big block will return...

Originally Posted By: Phishin
Originally Posted By: Zee09
Originally Posted By: Phishin
If you can't afford something on this board....your only option is to spew HATE.

Have you ever driven one of these $65k trucks? You actually get a lot of capabilities and luxury to boot.

I have owned many and my post was about a winter sale..... Thats all.
But I agree, hate everything you can't or won't afford. That ain't right.
Some of us need those capabilities.

That said I buy nearly base models with a few options and got a great truck a few years ago for $33k.

Exactly, I just bought a 2018 K3500 brand new for $37.6k

That's because it's a single cab nobody but businesses buy.......

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Nice find Phishin! I really have grown to like long beds on the regular cabs. Is yours considered a Silverado? For my 2003 3/4, they left the C/K as used on the old SBC 350s and called them Silverados, but we all still know what C and K denote.

I like calling heavy reg cab long bed trucks- tractors- as they lean slightly forward and look so upright. 6.2? 6.0 here. Wonder if and when the big block will return...

Yeah, It's got the Silverado bad on the back of the tailgate.

The truck is definitely a "tractor"....the 1 ton suspension gives it a nice feel. It's not as harsh as someone people would make you think, but plenty "rugged".
The truck has the 6.0L. Yeah, the 6.2L has way more power, but I did NOT want that stupid cylinder deactiviation. 2500 and 3500 only have 2 power options: 6.0L gas or 6.6L diesel. That's it.

The big block is nice. They bring a pretty penny in the used truck market. I WISH this truck has the 8.1L

Originally Posted By: CKN

That's because it's a single cab nobody but businesses buy.......

Or it could be stated that: the crew cabs are OVERPRICED because only SCHMUCKS buy those trucks. These 1500 Crew Cabs are glorified Dad Minivans.
But honestly, there's a lot of young kids and old men (people without kids) who have single cab trucks around here.

But I got 3 kids (12, 13, and 14 years old). And I still got this truck. I don't want the stinky slimy kids in my truck. If I have to haul them anywhere, they go in the Honda's.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back