I have never had a garage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2 car garage. My wife's newer van gets parked there, while my old beater Corolla is parked next to the garage. My Corvette will get its own carport...

Even if you don't have a garage many here in Texas get one of those aluminum car ports with the extended side which help keep it out of the elements and hot sun here in Texas. I am looking at one for the small home I plan on buying soon.

grew up with a car port. To this day I still do 99% of the work on a driveway, as I'm accustomed to having adequate space around the vehicle. We have a garage, but it's an older house with about between 4" and 16" on either side, depending on what obstacle you're near. Yep, 4". Guess who gets that bay? Still, grateful to have it! but the majority of the work is on the driveway. Suits me fine, as after living in apartments, I know that's much harder.

-m

Three car garage and I'm a bad American suburbanite as I can get three cars, three bicycles, two trash cans, a lawn mower, a three burner grill, and a generator in my garage. So I must not have enough worthless [censored] to store in the garage to force my cars outside.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
During my 41 years of driving no place that I have lived has had a garage. My vehicles and motorcycles have always been out in the elements. Sun, rain, hail, snow. A garage sounds nice.

How about you guys? Out in the elements? Garage? Pole barn? Car Port?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: javacontour
Three car garage and I'm a bad American suburbanite as I can get three cars, three bicycles, two trash cans, a lawn mower, a three burner grill, and a generator in my garage. So I must not have enough worthless [censored] to store in the garage to force my cars outside.

My 2.5 car detached garage holds my 2er, 3er, Speed Triple, two bicycles, 2 ZTR mowers, a push mower, a gas powered tiller, 2 sets of winter tires, a backpack blower, a hedge trimmer, two chainsaws, and a cordless string trimmer.

I suspect we are both oddities in our neighborhoods. I see many neighbors with a two or three car garage with N-1 cars and one of those is outside.

We are N+1 with 4 cars. I just can't figure out those who fill garages with worthless [censored] and leave the cars outside.

But it's their stuff...

Originally Posted By: MCompact

My 2.5 car detached garage holds my 2er, 3er, Speed Triple, two bicycles, 2 ZTR mowers, a push mower, a gas powered tiller, 2 sets of winter tires, a backpack blower, a hedge trimmer, two chainsaws, and a cordless string trimmer.

I suspect we are both oddities in our neighborhoods. I see many neighbors with a two or three car garage with N-1 cars and one of those is outside.

We are N+1 with 4 cars. I just can't figure out those who fill garages with worthless [censored] and leave the cars outside.

Same here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back