New Subaru XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

Giving my 08 to a grandson. It has 180K miles. It has had the HG replaced and timing belt with idlers, tensioner, and water pump. Glad I took care of it. I planned on keeping it for 200K but decided at the age of 72 wife needed a new car.

We have never bought a car that was not basic transportation. Got the Turbo model. Hard to believe that a 2.0 liter can pull 250 HP. Hope she lets me drive it.

Congratulations! If you do get to drive it let us know what you think please!

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
Al, what model?

It was the premium. Very difficult to find one with the XT and with minimum options. Althouth the Premium comes pretty well equipped.

The price I got was $3900 under invoice and $28,985 OTD.

And this is the last year the XT engine will be in the Forester.

You won't regret it! We owned a 2004 Subaru Forester XT that we sold for an Outback. I wish I had kept it as a 2nd car. Great power, very reliable and lots of fun to drive. Enjoy!

What a let down, I thought they were bringing this back.

0700000010026_2-700x346.jpg

Originally Posted By: Al

Wait, what?

Welcome to the turbocharged Subaru world, Al!
55.gif
Yes, sounds like some serious deals out there on the 18's. I'm nearly tempted to go for one myself. What's the oil plan? Did you get some free oil changes thrown in?

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Originally Posted By: Al

Wait, what?

Yep, no plans at this moment for a turbo in the 2019 Forester. Everyone is hoping that the new 2.4 in the Ascent will eventually make it's way into the Forester in another year or so.

^Love the original XT!

Last edited:
Man.. Livin' it up Al!!

Love it! Having owned a Forester (Legacy and XV Crosstrek), the Forester is by far the most Subaru for the dollar in every way possible IMO.

That's a really good OTD price as well, unless your sales tax rate is nothing!
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Turns out I didn't the the one I thought I would. Somehow My dealer was not able to get it. Subaru of America located one somewhere between my dealer and Japan. lol..here's hoping.

Congrats! I wish they would do an Outback XT model. When I get the wife's hand me down 2018 OB in 5 years, we will definitely check out the Forester XT if they dont have a turbo OB by then.

Well so far, I really love the car. It feels noticeably larger than my 08 Forester. It is a pleasure to drive..very quiet and stable. But I would guess it is no more quiet or stable than any other car. The industry has come that far.

I did put the throttle down half way at a start only once and and it growls...loudly...It does nothing but go.

I am a super super conservative but if I am "forced" to make a tricked out jacked up pickup truck look really really bad it would be the Devil that made me do it.
lol.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back