1979 Nova with 25 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find cars like this facinating. A 1979 nova with 25 miles. No idea the story on this car or even where it was located, it was posted on a group I'm on. Someone knows the history of why this utilitarian car was saved but it's gotten lost somewhere.

That has to be a record for the least miles driven. Less than one mile a year.

With that said, a lot of possible issues in store.

Originally Posted By: Blkstanger
Gotta be the worst year for Novas. Ugly as sin. The older ones look way better.

I don't like the square headlight novas. Wasn't it a one year only design?

I was going to post that it was not that bad, I would totally buy a 79 Nova coupe. When I was a kid I had an article of Car Craft where they fixed one up.

But yeah, 10 years older? Sweet muscle car. 12-15 years older? 1960s GM magic!

If only they put a cover over it, or stored it in a more secure building. I'll bet it has weird UV fading depending on how many holes were in the walls.

I agree. But with the right paint job, it can look good. As long as he does not go and stick 17+ inch wheels on it.

I think the story here is: Once upon a time, back in 1979, somebody had good intentions. Not sure what happened after that....

Now the question is what type of oil do we recommend? LOL
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: spasm3

I agree. But with the right paint job, it can look good. As long as he does not go and stick 17+ inch wheels on it.

Perhaps some classic cragar wheels.

cat_3562.JPG

Don't care for the wheels/tires on this one, but i like the paint.

my_nova_005jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg

Last edited:

Perhaps some classic cragar wheels.

cat_3562.JPG

Don't care for the wheels/tires on this one, but i like the paint.

my_nova_005jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg

From what I understand they share front subframes with Camaros so they can be easily hot rodded. I think the rear suspension is the same as well but I am not sure.

Agreed
My older bro had a slightly older one. It was burgundy with round headlights and despite a few drunken low speed accidents, it just wouldn't stop running. Pretty sure my brother ended up selling it for a case of beer or something. I can't remember I was about 12 or so.

Total pieces of doo doo.After 16 years of production,the unibody on those (especially the hatchbacks) was very flexible.Seems like GM didn't do anything to improve them.The aged design lagged newer more space efficient designs like Volare/Aspen and Fairmont.Amongst compacts,Chrysler's Dart/Valiant was superior,but the lowly Maverick was just horrid.AMCs Hornet could have been a contender...but..

Originally Posted By: andrewp1998
Now the question is what type of oil do we recommend? LOL
laugh.gif

First, the engine still needs breaking in.

I’m surprised the body hasn’t completed rusted out. Rust was a big issue back then. Even brand new cars on the dealer’s lots had rust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back