kobalt tire inflators? Lowes

Status
Not open for further replies.
they are 12 and 120 volt combo
has anyone used them?
I can not find a report, or even what the warranty is.
the Lowes salesman in between telling me stories about where he used to work, did not know if it was a "good product" and did not know the warranty

Last edited:
I like the M12 Milwaukee inflator.You punch in the desired target psi and it stops when it meets it.Not 120V though...

I have two of the Kobalt tire inflators. They work fine on average size tires, but they struggle if you have to air up truck tires or large SUV tires. That's when the motors get hot and the inflation rate slows down. I say it's plenty good for homeowner use.

I have that tire inflator in their previous design (before they turned it into the X shape): https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-12-Volt-Car-Air-Inflator/3522750

I've had it for years and use it often to do multiple tires on multiple cars. Never had an issue and still going strong to this day. I specifically chose it because it supported both 12V and 120V. It is still one of the best purchases I have ever made. I've used it both hooked up to 120V by heavy gauge extension cord and through 12V at the accessory socket. Also used it to fill up spare tires annually up to 65-70PSI.

Compared against my other pressure gauges (both digital and dial) the onboard gauge on the compressor is also accurate at least for the one I got, which is important because that's what it uses to stop automatically when it reaches target PSI.

You hook it up, it shows you the current PSI, use the arrows to go up to your target and then hit the play button and it fills up until it reaches target and stops.

If it ever does end up failing I'm going to buy another one. Assuming the guts are the same and they only changed the shell, I would highly recommend it. You just have to read the manual and not be stupid with it. For example it says somewhere in there, not to have it running nonstop for more than five minutes. Someone out there is going to do that, break it and then complain about how it sucks.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
I like the M12 Milwaukee inflator.You punch in the desired target psi and it stops when it meets it.Not 120V though...

Yup this one also works that way.

The new X shaped one is much better than the older square one. It has a one year warranty.

I use it to fill up my SUV tires all the time. They seemed to have fixed the issues the older one had. (stronger and quieter compressor) and it doesnt have to be shut off every 10 mins of constant use to cool down. It also does auto detect as to what power source you plug in, so you don't have to pick it manually.

Why would they make it X shaped? Seems like an in efficient use of space.

The Lowes website says “1-Year Limited” under warranty (specifications)

Unless you really need the 120V capability perhaps look at something like Viair.

I have the older version, and it works great for me. I admit to only using the 120V option.

If the newer one is an improvement, I'd be all over it.

I assume you mean the bigger one. And it is pretty decent. Wont inflate as fast as a 120V one but still not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back