Becoming a Buick Family

In addition to the '13 LaCrosse eAssist in my sig, my parents have a '14 LaCrosse eAssist and '05 LeSabre. And today we added another one: a 2006 LaCrosse for my son to commute to college. CXL trim, 3800 Series III, 113k miles on the odometer. It's nice enough I briefly considered selling my '13 and buying this one for myself.

Before anyone gets too far with the whole "Kids today are too spoiled. I bought my own car when I was nine years old with money I made from mowing lawns and searching sofa cushions." ... my son's scholarship package means that he will not pay a dime out of pocket for tuition, fees, and books as long as he maintains a 3.0 grade point average. The least I can do is buy him a $3500 car to get to class since he decided to live at home instead of going in debt to live in a dorm.

A few pics below.

That car can't be sold in Canada. Turns out that LaCrosse is a French slang term for, well, personal enjoyment.
smile.gif

Buicks may just be one of the best kept secrets in good and cheap used cars.
The old 3.8 V-6 may also be one of the best kept secrets in engines, offering durability, power and fuel efficiency.
Not everything old GM was bad.

Should keep him out of trouble and speeding tickets.

BIL's wife had one. She insists on fingertip power steering.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: HM12460
Nice car. I think the older Buick's are more reliable than the newer ones.
Cheaper to fix anyway
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
The old 3.8 V-6 may also be one of the best kept secrets in engines, offering durability, power and fuel efficiency.

Biggest cliche on this board.

Originally Posted By: andyd
Originally Posted By: HM12460
Nice car. I think the older Buick's are more reliable than the newer ones.
Cheaper to fix anyway
grin2.gif

Typical dig from a Toyota owner

Originally Posted By: maxdustington
Originally Posted By: fdcg27

Biggest cliche on this board.

No more a cliché than TGMO. LOL!

A neighbor who, ironically, is beyond being the most mechanically disinclined person in the world (he actively and relentlessly destroys ALL things) has had nothing but Buicks for years.
I helped him sell his previous one by listing it on craigslist.
I pulled the car out of a shallow, grassy grave and took pictures after a test drive. It felt so solid I couldn't believe it.
Surprisingly, many people contacted him but a neighbor down the street saw the FOR SALE sign and bought it quick.

That his Buicks last several years each is scientific proof they're good. He has a white one now.

"Ask the man who owns one", was a Buick slogan. "Buick, the better buy!", was another.

The Hoovies Garage guy on Youtube likes the older Buicks, too.

Buick is trying to get away from their old man car heritage. Not sure how well that will work.

I had a Buick in high school and college. Didn't get beat up and my first time was in the Buick.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
The Hoovies Garage guy on Youtube likes the older Buicks, too.

Buick is trying to get away from their old man car heritage. Not sure how well that will work.

I had a Buick in high school and college. Didn't get beat up and my first time was in the Buick.

I'm an Old Man
lol.gif
and I drive a Buick,

[["Ask the man who owns one", was a Buick slogan]]

Originally, it was a Packard slogan about the turn of the 20th century. Wasn't aware that Buick had taken it too.

"When better cars are built, Buick will build them" was not that long ago.

Some years back, my brother had an early generation Toyota Avalon, which he said felt like a Buick of the day, i.e., roomy, quiet, but floaty ride and numb steering...and indestructible.

I commented to him that "When better Buicks are built, Toyota will build them".
smile.gif

That's not a slam on either make.

Back