Service Champ OF-4651, 15K Miles, Ford 4.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
2007 Crown Vic P71, 4.6L V8, about 175k miles (not my car)... About 14-15k miles on this filter with Chevron supreme 5w-20. In went Casteol Magnatec 5w-20 and a MicroGard filter.

0xmgEJG.jpg

kffM5by.jpg

MeRDira.jpg

NL14RkV.jpg

62FWSLA.jpg

Originally Posted By: oliveoil
I just like to see what the filter trapped in the bottom of the can.

It's drained now but even before it was basically the same

M1hiDoD.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: paulri
Any idea on how long the filter was in--not how many miles, but how much time?

I'd guess maybe 6 months?

Originally Posted By: 2012AccentSE
impressive for an e core...

Agreed! I'm interested to see how the Microgard will look when I get the car back for an oil change next time. We're hoping for about a 7500mi OCI but knowing the owner, it'll probably be more than that - probably another 10-15K.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dogememe

Agreed! I'm interested to see how the Microgard will look when I get the car back for an oil change next time. We're hoping for about a 7500mi OCI but knowing the owner, it'll probably be more than that - probably another 10-15K.

I would not run the MicroGard for 15k miles. Not even 10k. Not even in a Crown Vic. It's good for 5-7k at best.

Originally Posted By: DGXR
Originally Posted By: dogememe

I would not run the MicroGard for 15k miles. Not even 10k. Not even in a Crown Vic. It's good for 5-7k at best.

Well here's to hoping my friend actually brings the car back at 7500 miles like I told him to... I have a bunch of Microgards floating around so I want to use them up, but I don't use them on my car. He doesn't care about brand of filter or even what brand of oil goes in so I'm using whatever I have for free because he's on a budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back