Sold my Infiniti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had given it to my nephew to drive for a while. He's a good kid and needed something to get to school/work with. He said he didn't like taking the car for free and offered to buy it. I resisted taking money since it's family but he was insistent. Long story short, the car's officially gone now.

I bought it in 2012 from the original owner. The VQ35's definitely one of the smoothest engines of all time. It never felt underpowered, even with the car fully loaded up and A/C blasting. After I replaced the leaky valve cover gaskets, oil consumption dropped to like half qt every 6000 miles; not bad for 130k miles. My largest repair was $700 for a new exhaust system. I expected it since the car spent the first decade of it's life in upstate NY. Everything else was regular stuff, like ball joints, struts, tie rods, radiator, brakes, fluids and etc. I definitely saved a pretty penny doing a lot of the work myself.

My nephew doesn't live too far, so I'll still see the car from time-to-time. Great car. Gonna miss it!

Last edited:
My wife and I leased an Infiniti I30 in 1996. It developed the strangest fault. In its first year on random days the car would crank but not start. Had to be towed to the dealer three times. The third time we told the service manager to keep the car until it duplicated the problem. The dealer even brought in the district service rep. It ended up being a faulty wiring harness connector for the fuel pump circuit. Sometimes due to the weather the pins did not make full contact so the fuel pump would not engage.

After that, the car was a real champ with no other issues. Not bad for a glammed up Maxima.

Good for you.

I appreciate seeing people investing in the youth.

Have a good Memorial Day Weekend!

Originally Posted By: mclasser
I had given it to my nephew to drive for a while. He's a good kid and needed something to get to school/work with.

I would like to do that for my newphews too but there both in there early twenties and neither one graduated from high school and neither one works so I'm not helping them in any way.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Originally Posted By: mclasser
I had given it to my nephew to drive for a while. He's a good kid and needed something to get to school/work with.

I would like to do that for my newphews too but there both in there early twenties and neither one graduated from high school and neither one works so I'm not helping them in any way.

I offered my nephew my BMW in my sig when he graduated HS. I worked for the car myself and I've kept it in mint shape since purchasing it 15 years ago from the original owner.

Well, long story short he got kicked out of school 2 months before grad for selling drugs on school property.
Since then (7 years ago) he's been living out of my parents basement with no job.
He recently celebrated his 25th birthday with no plans to change his lifestyle.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
A new pcv valve might take care of the remaining consumption.

I replaced that along with the valve covers.
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Sounds like the car has a good home....

It does
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back