VOA Idemitsu Zepro Eco Medalist SAE 0W-20 dexos1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently running this in my 2018 Subaru crosstrek 2 run just did oil change last week from it with UOA to be sent
Thanks for post believe I will try Eco Medalist advance Moly next go of it.

Thank you for sharing.
I just bought the 5qt jug @Amazon and did OC several weeks ago. It is labeled "dexos Gen2".

What is your dexos label?

I am surprised by the high moly count.
But what concerns me is amount of Fe, Si, Na, K and Al. It is a high baseline ppm that will throw off my next UOA.
My Toyota has those ppm reading after 5K mi on TGMO or PP.
Can you ask them to re-calibrate and re-run again? I saw some Pb in my recent UOA, and Blackstone said the sample before me had Pb and gladly did another UOA and amended the report. Just ask they may do a redo. Thanks

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dave123
Currently running this in my 2018 Subaru crosstrek 2 run just did oil change last week from it with UOA to be sent
Thanks for post believe I will try Eco Medalist advance Moly next go of it.
This week I also filled this oil in the motor Nissan Rogue. It should be noted that the engine QR25DE on this oil is clearly not smoother than Kendall GT-1 Max 5W-20, but definitely smoother than on Mobile 1 AFE 0W-20, for example.

Thanks. The price went up. I am going to PUP at Walmart.com for $6.42/qt - $2 Pennzoil rebate. I think the max is $20 rebate per address.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
Holy cow! 37cSt@40C?? That's crazy thin! Nice moly and boron though!

post-2-0-57584900-1521875211.png

Originally Posted By: Patrick0525
Thank you for sharing.
I just bought the 5qt jug @Amazon and did OC several weeks ago. It is labeled "dexos Gen2".

What is your dexos label?

But what concerns me is amount of Fe, Si, Na, K and Al. It is a high baseline ppm that will throw off my next UOA.
My Toyota has those ppm reading after 5K mi on TGMO or PP.
Can you ask them to re-calibrate and re-run again? I saw some Pb in my recent UOA, and Blackstone said the sample before me had Pb and gladly did another UOA and amended the report. Just ask they may do a redo. Thanks

The same oil in a UOA on my Acura turned in 4ppm of nickel, which doesn’t seem to be used in Honda engines and higher than expected aluminum, too. Coupled with this VOA it makes we wonder if the Indiana plant where this oil is produced has a bit of a contamination problem. I asked for a lab retest and the results came back unchanged.

Originally Posted By: Patrick0525

Moly, & boron, are pretty high in this. Looks like someone put Ceratec in a M1 or something, LOL.
Silicon is very normal, even kind of low here, as Si shows up in Anti-Foam additives.
The high-ish Fe might come from pipes, maybe the Al too. Those are wierd to see even that high, but not a problem.

Just got this for 21.14 on amazon. It had an 8$ coupon attached to bring the price down from 29.14.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back