New Arrivals

Status
Not open for further replies.
from RA and all NOS for under $2 a piece.

From L to R:
Tokyo Roki OEM Mazda - M22x1.5 w/bypass. Bought under Beck Arnley brand. Lots of BA stuff on clearance and it's usually OEM parts. Incredible value.
AC Delco PF1225 - M18x1.5 w/o bypass. Made in England, excellent build and media quality. So glad to find an M18 offering from this manufacturer (for the GMs), since my M20 English-made PF9s have been outstanding
AC Delco PF1177 - another larger M20x1.5 Made in Canada by the old DANA factory in Barrie IIRC. Same people who made the Kralinators.
WIX 51381 - another larger M20x1.5 Made in USA (Gastonia) during the Dana years.
TRUST PH2801 - Champ made larger M20x1.5 USA for an autoparts house brand. Good build quality, clearly a very avg cellulose media IMO
AC Delco PF9 - Large M20x1.5 The other set of made in England filters- fantastic build quality and media (deep and plenty pleats right to edge of canister, impervious to moisture no wavies even when saturated with h2o ask me how I know) Strongly suspect glass blended media.
Tokyo Roki vintage - Long M20x1.5 bought as a Motorcraft PN for a Ford Courier (Mazda B-series) Made in Japan
AC Delco PF34 - Made in USA 3/4-16 thread. Same label as the England made Delcos, but this is made in USA unsure of manufacturer
AC Delco PF1789 - Enormous sized M20x1.5 Germany-made MANN. It's simply a reboxed MANN W840 and it's gigantic. It'll fit once my sandwich-style oil cooler is replaced by non-sandwich type.
Carquest (Wix) 85182 - Another Enormous M20x1.5, probably average cellulose media

And there you have some unusual filters for various apps if that kind of thing interests you

Yeah man had to order a couple as soon as I saw it. Haven't seen anything like it! The media is kind of reddish too
banana2.gif

Last edited:
Lots of filters to look over there but just off the top of your head how many of them are 99% plus efficiency rated at 20 microns?

Last edited:
The old-label Delcos are made by GM, unless the baseplate has a Champ marking or is made in England. British Wixs and Delcos have that same housing ridge.

watching an oil filter specific tutorial on NORIA an pro lubrication enlightened me about filters + how few are really good + that those opting to not change them regularly are not doing theirself any favors!!! they noted a good oil with a great filter is better than a great oil with a cheap filter!!

Originally Posted By: benjy
watching an oil filter specific tutorial on NORIA an pro lubrication enlightened me about filters + how few are really good + that those opting to not change them regularly are not doing theirself any favors!!! they noted a good oil with a great filter is better than a great oil with a cheap filter!!

Some here will say: "We Don't Need No Stinkin' Efficiency".

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Lots of filters to look over there but just off the top of your head how many of them are 99% plus efficiency rated at 20 microns?

Who cares! Ok some people do...my last UOA with a napa proselect came back excellent, so I feel efficiency might not matter as much.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07

Who cares! Ok some people do...my last UOA with a napa proselect came back excellent, so I feel efficiency might not matter as much.

My last UOA came back fine also I posted it on here. Iron was 4 all wear metals were low.

Originally Posted By: nthach
The old-label Delcos are made by GM, unless the baseplate has a Champ marking or is made in England. British Wixs and Delcos have that same housing ridge.

I think you nailed it- British Wix filters. They have media inside of them that resembles cartridge style filters-- deep pleats, all uniformly spaced, no end caps. Media glistens in the sun so thinking glass blended.

Haven't geeked out about beta ratios too hard as the testing procedures have limited correlation to real world performance, including varying flow rates and temperatures, electrostatics etc. Through basic filter oversizing, I aim to decrease DP across the media, so regardless of the initial/tested nominal beta ratio of the media, I can ensure a lower DP than the equivalent smaller OEM filter. Overall, I'm not too concerned right yet to start mindlessly jocking Fram Ultra, and still trust the likes of MANN, WIX et al to not supply me with a detrimental product.

inb4 - not being certain that the media is the same type in larger units

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: benjy

Some here will say: "We Don't Need No Stinkin' Efficiency".

If your running bypass setup your definitely right, Main reason im running K&N stainless cleanable full flow. They claim roughly same efficency but it also flows about 2-3 gallons min more. I call B/S but it doesnt matter how efficient it is when your bypassing anyways.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Do you have a vehicle to install them on?

Yeah, a Toyota Camry and Matrix
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back