Robotic mower business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only a matter of time before robotic mowers replace many manned lawn mowers.
The work will shift to fewer guys cutting grass but there will still be a few guys edging, weed spraying and doing trim work.
At places like such as warehouses, factories... I'm thinking the landscape can be modified to eliminate that to the point the robotic mowers can do all the
work.
This is a fast coming business opportunity. There is a lot I need to learn however.

Robotic mower repair or law suits for injury to people walking into the mowers.

I’m thinking an unattended robotic mower will simply get stolen. Harsh world out there. Another good business would be a robotic mower pawnshop or perhaps a security business to tag the mowers with GPS finders.

But seriously you probably could open up a store with a nice display section. These things are pretty high end. See if you can take a course on their maintenance which probably includes how to replace the electronics cards on them, much like a appliance repair course. Check how much do be a “authorized dealer”. And put up a goofy poster of a Wizard of OZ Tin Man pushing an old lawn mower.

Last edited:
Yup....every single thing investors want to do will have NOTHING to do with HIRING PEOPLE.

Even the new McDonald's building plan is focused around remote ordering and electronic payment.
They're already building automated food handling machines.

I don't know. I've been listening all morning to the guy who live behind me, with a brand new push mower, hitting all kinds of stuff in the yard... enough to drag down and kill the engine.

That mower won't be running long, and the blade has to be bent already.

I've lived here for 25 years, and have made an observation. Why is it that the same houses seem to attract the same variety of idiots, over and over?

Originally Posted By: Kira
Yup....every single thing investors want to do will have NOTHING to do with HIRING PEOPLE.

Even the new McDonald's building plan is focused around remote ordering and electronic payment.

Investors? I love those guys. They hold the power to shape our world and heavily influence the direction of our society, without ever even considering the society they're electing to direct. And what kind of priorities could anyone possibly ask from the powerful force behind social influence? Why, maximum greed for profitability, of course! We'll be just fine, with those corporate citizens and their mutually-parasitic enablers. Yes, the future will be brighter than it is now! Hard to believe things can get any better, right?

It is hard for me to believe that these things are going to be popular enough (at least short term) to make a viable business...

Originally Posted By: Kira

this isnt exactly the same. its moving the task from an employee to the customer. But a human still performed the task. It's similar to self check out. Ultimately its judging whether americans will pay extra in time or money for someone else to do a task or do it themselves.

the robots taking over a job is still far away. if you've actually seen a roomba it is so frustrating to watch.

Do you all still employ your livein housekeeper, driver, butler and other staff? oh how greedy you are for not hiring people to do those jobs.

Last edited:
Capitalism has always viewed labor as something to be contained, controlled or eliminated. It's only a problem when it affects human beings, or more properly, when it treats human beings as if they weren't human.

I'm not sure I would trust one, I have a robot vacuum and it gets itself into all kinds of trouble...at least it doesn't have any sharp blades!

Originally Posted By: ET16
Capitalism has always viewed labor as something to be contained, controlled or eliminated. It's only a problem when it affects human beings, or more properly, when it treats human beings as if they weren't human.

That actually is a good start on the description of the evils of communism.

Originally Posted By: red7404
a self driving mower has the same issues as a self driving car.

Not really. You can ensure no-one is in the area where a self-driving mower is cutting much more easily than you can ensure no-one is on the road where a self-driving car is driving. Plus you probably wouldn't be mowing the lawn at night in a snow-storm.

There are plenty on the market right now: I've considered buying one, but don't know how long it would last before someone ran off with it.

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
Investors? I love those guys. They hold the power to shape our world and heavily influence the direction of our society, without ever even considering the society they're electing to direct.

Governments have made humans far too expensive to employ for menial jobs in much of the West. And then encouraged companies to replace them by keeping interest rates near zero, which effectively gives those companies free money to buy the robots to do so.

Either way, the simple reality is that any job that robots and AI can do, they soon will be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back