Inline Fuel Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to install a auxiliary fuel tank in the bed of my truck. It will be gravity fed into the main fuel fill by way of a 3/8" line. What would be a good inline filter to install? I want the highest efficiency, but not so much that it causes a restriction.

I think the word "gravity" is a key point here.

I'm not sure how gravity is going to push fuel through a "big round Ford" fuel filter.

Gravity fed, the main fuel tank will be always full until the gravity tank empties first, unless there are details of your installation you are, for some reason, keeping a secret. So almost any fuel filter will be fine.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I think the word "gravity" is a key point here.

I'm not sure how gravity is going to push fuel through a "big round Ford" fuel filter.

If you doubt the ability of gravity to move fuel, especially one as viscous as gasoline or alcohol, I suggest you try stopping it. It's pretty relentless, this crazy gravity thing.

Originally Posted By: Fsharp
If you have the space you could use one of these Amazon goldenrod fuel filter 10 micron, high flow, large surface area. It’s a great filte, I’ve got one on an old car with a dirty gas tank.

I definitely have room for that.

Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad
Gravity fed, the main fuel tank will be always full until the gravity tank empties first, unless there are details of your installation you are, for some reason, keeping a secret.

I intend to install a electric solenoid so when I hit the button, the tank will begin to fill. I don't want to risk leaving it open all the time.

Originally Posted By: PumpPusher

I definitely have room for that.

It may be a good choice then. Very high flow even with just gravity as theyre usually used for elevated storage tanks, inlet and outlet is either 3/4 or 1 inch npt, so I used brass adapters for my automotive application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back