TALKING MILEAGE STANDARDS WITH AUTOMAKERS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me about the problems with Ford DI turbo engines, since those are the ones I cited.
Oh wait, you can't, so you're playing dodgeball instead.
Never said anything about LSPI not existing, merely wrote that you were way out of the bounds of reality in claiming that DI vehicles had gasoline smells pervading their interiors as well as engine seizures without warning.
These were your words, not mine, so either back them up or stop trying to pretend that you didn't write them.
Trying to substitute some conjectures about the prevalence of LSPI doesn't cover the phony issues you originally wrote of.

18.gif
Trolling.gif

Originally Posted By: nap
18.gif
Trolling.gif

Yes, you have been.
You'll no doubt continue since you seem determined to have the last word, however nonsensical it might be.

You seem confused, or maybe English isn't your native tongue.
For anyone else who might still be reading this thread, Gokhan has posted a good thread on the effects of oil formulation and grade on LSPI events. I find it a little incredible that formulation and grade can make such a dramatic difference in the prevalence of LSPI, but an SAE paper documents that it is so.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Originally Posted By: nap
Originally Posted By: fdcg27

2. Even if we agree that TGDI=LSPI and fuel dilution, what possible effect would this have on passenger safety or comfort?

Abruptly seized engine at highway speeds, with no warnings whatsoever -> safety

Eau de Gasoline smell in your cabin - > comfort

Nawwww never happens at all...........I guess you don’t own any DI Sonatas or Elantras. Other Hyundai models as well just not as prevalent. You don’t do any sort of extended oil changes with those cars or you’re asking for trouble.

Since neither of these occur in practice and there are now millions of DI engines, many mit turboladen in use every day, you haven't made any real world point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back