As Seen On TV....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anyone had any 'interesting' stories on being surprised that some product actually lived up to expectations. Or alternatively, were much worse.

For instance, I saw a paint brush 'saver'/ roller 'saver' on TV. I was doing a lot of painting at the time and said I will try it for the price...$7. Worked outstanding, saved me nightly cleaning for a week. Another one was the expanding hose, found one at Lowes and worked great. I try to read reviews on products from Amazon but at least 15% or more are fake.

We have used the paint covers for rollers and brushes. They really are nice and worked well, even leaving the brushes and rollers in for several days. No more wrapping in plastic bags or foil and putting in the freezer like we used to do.

The first expanding hose I got was free from a promotion on Amazon. It worked well for about 3 months and then self destructed where the hose connects to one of the brass fittings. I did like the light weight and convenience of it taking up such a small space that I purchased several new ones from Sams Club. These are about 1 year old and still working well.

The other item I have used are the baking and grilling black mats. Put them on a cookie sheet or directly on the grill grates, and they prevent food from sticking. Still gives a decent char on the meat on the grill, and they clean up pretty easily.

FYI: The link doesn't work from my machine.

Going back 50 years+...the Miracle Brush worked AS ADVERTISED! It has little bunches of filaments which point in one direction.
It pulls the lint right off and reverse brushing emptied the lint completely. My parents wore it out.

I've seen more than one Ronco revolving cooker at garage sales.

I want to say PB Blaster is (or was) and "As seen on TV" thing. I've had decent luck with the stuff.

I've always liked the hose in the bucket too. Good for small jobs.

Its the shipping and handling fees that prevent me from buying anything.

If its a real product that performs well, it will be listed on Amazon or will be shortly (PRIME).

For the most part, these folks are trying to sell a product that you would never buy if you had the opportunity to see it before the purchase.

"And wait, there's more"

Originally Posted By: Donald
If its a real product that performs well, it will be listed on Amazon or will be shortly (PRIME).

Exactly! The idea of calling to buy something is so incredibly ridiculous these days...and if they advertise a website it will reek of scam and cost wayyyyy too much for shipping.

But I don't watch TV with commercials anymore anyway, so I haven't seen anything advertised that way in years. Can't believe they are still trying it.

i bought the worx hydroshot. i have a balcony that has no water nearby and use it with a bucket as a watersource to clean off.

I cut a boat in half lengthwise and used FLEX SEAL on it.
laugh.gif

I got an "As Seen on TV" 8-quart pressure cooker for my wife for Mother's Day. I wouldn't have given her a kitchen appliance as a gift for Mother's Day, except it's what my wife wanted.
It works great (so far). Purchased from Wally World.

The thing that grows tomato plants upside down was [censored]. You have to water it constantly and the vines end up not being able to support the weight. And then there’s the upside-down tomatoes that some people don’t like. I really thought it would work.

I bought some "Miracle Blade" serated knife sets 25+ years ago from one of those TV commercials where they saw on the metal head of a hammer, then cut shoes snd food without loss of performance. Still using them today, and work as good as they did 25 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back