Walmarts last year's oil filter ST8 c&p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whipcitywrencher

Site Donor 2024
This is last years Walmart filter, wix made, (Not the one they have now) I later bought a bunch of these, this past winter (10) when they were on sale for a buck each. I think there a good filter for my application .(But would rather use a fram ultra)
Used this one over the winter about 2500 miles or 6 months, Pennzoil plat. hm 5w30.
Pretty uneventful except for what the magnets caught.
First time using magnets, the material caught for a lack of better words felt like some dried up paste.
I wonder if the filter would have picked it up anyway? I replaced it with a Fram xg8a and some more Pennzoil Plat. hm 5w30.
Also put some magnets on the fram filter and will post some picks come later in the fall, when I do my winter change.

PS. I cut open this filter and let it drain out about a month ago that"s why it looks so dry (no oil).
Also I change my oil twice a year come spring and fall. Not many Miles but there's a lot of short trips on this filter and oil. Hardly any Highway miles.

95%@20u... can't complain for a buck!

I bought a couple of the clearance filters of what was left so car51 could destroy the cans and give them a last hurrah. I got mine for $.50 each since they don't fit anything I have. Looks like it did a fine job, at least the one it was intended to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back