Maytag Commercial-Residential Washer Dryer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: oldmaninsc
Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Sounds Great. My last washing machine has the efficiency washer that uses less water and all that garbage. Broke three times in 5 years.
Last time it broke I threw it out and went to a used appliance store and bought a older washing machine that actually uses water. I love it.
I swore I ll keep it forever over those useless high efficiency washers. Maytag must be hearing the screams of people that actually get dirty and wash more than their gym clothes.

Originally Posted By: Milkman
I have a Maytag HE top load washer. It's great ! Does everything but clean the clothes !

I also have the matching HE Dryer. Takes twice as long to dry the dirty clothes.

All three of us must have had the same machine. I got so tired of the so called "high efficiency" machine not cleaning the clothes and often leaving the clothes sitting in water because it was "off balance" that I went and bought a GE old fashion agitator type machine. Love the GE. It works every time and best thing - the clothes actually come clean. Imagine that!
Originally Posted By: Rand
This new maytag "commercial" cleans much better than speed queens new agitator type.

Will the rest of the machine hold up worth a darn?

FWIW I have a 250$ bottom barrel GE.. works ok for the 2 of us.. and i will presoak/rinse anything that is extra dirty/muddy.

even on super load its more like "normal load" and the clothes floating and not washing can be real if you arent careful.

5 years and counting.
Originally Posted By: PimTac
Speaking of Whirlpool, they make Maytag appliances as well as a bunch of other brands.

Correct, along with GE.... and many others. Whirlpool is one of the few makers of a lot of appliances now-Frigidaire and LG being the other Us selling names. There are Euro lines like Bosch, F&P, and high end lines like Wolf, etc. But if it’s for sale in the Us and not one of those it’s likely made by Whirlpool.

Quote:
If there are so many hate videos I wonder why people keep buying them?

Because of a Brand Image or reputation that may NO LONGER EXIST. The Dept of Energy has ruined washers, they came first for your Gas cans, now the washers....

I had a Maytag washer with the "Commercial Technology" and the thing was a joke honestly. It was a top loader, but did not have the agitator. Washing my dirty and greasy work clothes was pretty much a joke. Washing a bed spread was terrible as well, half the time it didn't even wash half of it. It didn't even have a fabric softener dispenser and I had to use one of those Downey balls. Those were a joke in itself. We recently bought a GE that is a HE top loader unit, but has an agitator. It does clean a whole lot better, but has too many settings and electronics on it. The fabric softener dispenser doesn't seem to dispense as well as it should and will stain certain fabrics. So in the past 3 years I've spent about $1000 on washers. Should I went strait to a Speedqueen, probably, but it's hard to find those in a large capacity. That and the first time with the whole moving twice in a year thing I was lacking cash.

There are alot of Haters. I worked with a guy and he told me how he loved his high efficiency washer.
The dirtiest this guy ever got was mowing his lawn too.
I did the only thing I could do. I bought a old washer over 10 years old when my new washer broke and I guess I ll keep fixing it and when I can't, I ll buy a 20 year old one, by then.

We have a 3 year old Maytag Bravos XL with MCT … it does just fine …

My family did not last long on any Korean brands … they tried them all …

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
There are alot of Haters. I worked with a guy and he told me how he loved his high efficiency washer.
The dirtiest this guy ever got was mowing his lawn too.
I did the only thing I could do. I bought a old washer over 10 years old when my new washer broke and I guess I ll keep fixing it and when I can't, I ll buy a 20 year old one, by then.

I have an over 20 year old heavy duty Whirlpool top load washer and dryer; the dryer has never needed anything; the washer is showing it's age; had to put a new timer in it, agitator gear, and just order all new springs. After that, it should be good for another ten years hopefully.

I read an article that said most new appliances are built with a 5 to 7 year life expectancy. No thanks!

I'm keeping our Whirlpool washer and dryer alive, but they do need parts every so often. The dryer felt wears out (buy replacements and glue them in), for example. The washer's transmission makes a loud clunking sound when shifting into spin, but that's an expensive part and isn't leaking water. Maybe the grease is gone in it. Both 28 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back