DL650 Heated Grips & Throttle Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy all,

last night I successfully installed a pair of Oxford Touring heated grips and a Koako throttle lock. Took the glee out for a ride last night and was really impressed with the improved grip feel and the HEAT! With my summer gloves on I couldn't put it past 50% without too much heat. Looking forward to cold weather riding this year.

Also installed a Kaoko throttle lock. It was a relatively easy install and was happy to finally be on the highway and have the option to give the throttle hand a break.

I should note that the throttle side requires a good amount of sanding and smoothing of the throttle slider to remove the ridges/edges before the Oxford grip will slide on easily.

I've had the Oxfords on my GTZ1400 for several years now. They were the only brand/model I could find that used a sportbike/OE style and thickness. Spoiled by the heaters. I have used the Kaoko unit before, they work well. I went back to the the simplicity and inexpensive entry fee of Vista throttle locks on my streetbikes.

I'm surprised the '15 VStrom doesn't have drive by wire?

I can't wait to buy my next bike because it will have electronic throttle and cruise control.

I've used Oxford grips on several bikes. Pretty much the first thing I add to a bike that didn't come with heated grips. They work well with BMW 2-in-1 gloves (and maybe the similar Held Air n Dry) with two hand compartments, one which puts your hand pretty close to the heat.

Tried various throttle locks, and pretty much the only one I'd use today would be Go Cruise or similar. Simplest and best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back