Pretty ships in world of warships

Bunch of stuff to post...

1 - WG is running a special event where you can win one of those special Capt's with increased skills. This one is a 10pt Russian Capt with 3 enhanced skills. I got him. Haven't used him yet so it is in reserves for now until I decide what to do with him...
  • Preventative Maintenance: -45% to risk of modules being incapacitated (-30% standard)
  • High Alert: -20% to reload time of consumables (-10% standard)
  • Expert Marksman: +1%/+3% turret traverse speed (+0.7%/+2.5% standard)

pzAJ0ft.jpg

2 - Just had one helluva game in the T10 British Light Cruiser Minotaur. This thing is just insane it is so good and so much fun. IT is a double edged sword though as it is so fragile and so easily "blapped" if you aren't careful. Literally the game before this one I made a mistake and got seen in my smoke. 1 salvo from a T9 US BB Missouri and I was gone from full health. I got it with 4 torps for 45K damage at least but that was all I did before dying. OY!
lol.gif
That is the risk you take with this ship though. So back to port, load up more flags, and back I went. Had my 2nd best game ever with the ship. Helped our Montana early on take out the enemy Montana, Chapayev, and an Atago at A cap but when we looked up our team was dead and we were down vs 4 and down 2 caps to 1.
33.gif
But we pulled it out. Got rushed at one point by 2 of the Cruisers and just melted them. The guns on this are insane they fire so fast. Lots of fun...

FyU7wN2.jpg

eHn1mxA.jpg

fSZnt47.jpg

3 - Picked up a new ship. The brand new Italian Premium T7 Light Cruiser Duca Degli Abruzzi. It is not a beast or anything but it isn't too bad despite getting trashed in reviews. It reminds me a lot of the Russian Light cruisers. Fast ship and guns with NO armor.
lol.gif

Ship: DUCA DEGLI ABRUZZI
Nation: Italian Royal Navy Navy (IRN)
Tier: 7 Premium
Ship Type: Light Cruiser(CL)
Survivability(HP): 32,500 HP
Armor: 6-145MM / 18% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 35.0 knots
Rudder Shift: 7.1 seconds
Turning Radius: 680m
Detection By Sea: 9.5km
Detection By Air: 6.7km
Detection When Firing In Smoke: 5.2km

Main Armament 1: 2X2 152MM (1 turrets front/1 rear)
Main Armament 2: 2X3 152MM (1 turrets front/1 rear)
Main Gun Range: 15.1km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 8.0 shots per min / 7.5 seconds
180 Degree Turret Rotation: 24.0 seconds
Shell Dispersion @ Max Range: 127m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 3100 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 2100 damage (7% chance of fire)

Secondary Guns:
100MM = 4X2 (dual purpose)

Secondary Gun Range:
100MM = 4.7km

Secondary Gun Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL):
100MM = 10.0 shots per min ROF / 6.0 seconds (dual purpose)

Secondary Gun Shell Type:
100MM = High Explosive(HE) (dual purpose)

Anti Aircraft Defense(AA):
20MM = 2X1
20MM = 4X2
37MM = 4X2
100MM = 4X2 (dual purpose)
Overall AA Rating = 30

Torpedoes: 2X3 533MM
Torpedo Reload(RL): 71.0 seconds RL
Torpedo Range: 12.0km
Torpedo Speed: 51 knots
Torpedo Max Damage (p/ torp): 13,367
Torpedo Detection Range: 1.0km

Mounted Modules:
Slot 1 = Main Armaments Modification 1 (helps protect against main guns and torpedo tubes being damaged)
Slot 2 = Damage Control Systems Modification 1 (reduces risk of fire and flooding)
Slot 3 = Aiming Systems Modification 1 (-7% main gun dispersion / -5% secondary gun dispersion / +5% secondary gun range)
Slot 4 = Steering Gears Modification 2 (reduces rudder shift by 20%)
Slot 5 = N/A
Slot 6 = N/A

Camo:
Duca Degli Abruzzi comes with it's perma camo. The camo provides the following benefits...

-3% Detectability Range By Sea
+4% Dispersion to Enemy Guns
-10% Post Battle Service Fee
+50% XP Earned

Mounted Consumables: (*)
Damage Control Party (stops fires and flooding + repairs damage to main/secondary/AA guns and torpedo tubes)
Hydroacoustic Search (like sonar - increases detection range of enemy ships and incoming torpedoes)
Spotter Plane (ship launched Spotter Plane - increases main gun range while active)
Repair Party Repair Party (heals back some of the damage taken)

* - consumables are manually activated special features. They have a limited active time then require a recharge period (sometimes lengthy) before you can use them again. All consumables have a premium version (II) available that cost resources and have to be purchased for each battle. The standard versions (I) are free and come mounted by default.

Captain:
The ship came with a 10pt Capt. I bumped it to 11 pts and I have assigned them as follows...

1pt = Priority Target (let's you know when you are targeted and by how many)
1pt = Incoming Fire Alert (let's you know when a ship targeting you shoots)
2pt = Adrenaline Rush (-0.2% reload time to all armaments for every 1% HP lost)
3pt = Superintendent (+1 charges to all mounted consumables)
4pt = Concealment Expert (reduces the ship's detection range by -12%)

Italian Royal Navy T7 Premium CL Duca Degli Abruzzi w/ Type 10 perma camo (Port = Black Sea Anniversary):
TlEO5Ir.jpg

IwMqNnB.jpg

hSb2A3J.jpg

YCvLVPL.jpg

2xdb7Sz.jpg

JxjxnwP.jpg

1st Game:
Q0r2gNW.jpg

zYZMa8x.jpg

Vw7fKCc.jpg

2 more ships...
lol.gif

1 - Been playing WOWS since Dec 2016. Have received many Super Containers (more than most people get) and I have received a lot of good loot from them. No complaints about frequency of SC's or content. The 1 thing I have never got from a daily container SC is a Premium Ship. It is pretty rare to do that. Lady luck finally smiled on me and I got one the other day. The T5 Premium Russian Light Cruiser Murmansk. Murmansk is basically a C Hull Omaha class ship (US T5 Light Cruiser) with a few slight stat differences. Was a ship the US gave/sold to Russia during WW2. I actually like the Omaha however so was glad to get this one. It's a good ship for a T5 Light Cruiser.

2 - I purchased the T6 Russian Premium Light Cruiser Admiral Makarov as WG offered a good bundle deal on it. Makarov is another ship that is from another nation that is in the Russian Navy. This is a bit different as it was awarded to Russia after WW2 as war reparations. The ship is actually the T6 German Light Cruiser Nurnberg with a few stat differences to reflect the modifications/upgrades done to it by Russia after they got it. Another good ship.

Stats, port shot (only 1 for each to keep length down), and 1st game results for each below...

Ship: MURMANSK
Nation: Soviet Russian Navy (VMF)
Tier: 5 Premium
Survivability(HP): 26,800 HP
Armor: 6-76MM / 0% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 34.0 knots
Turning Radius: 590m
Rudder Shift: 3.8 seconds
Detection By Sea: 12.7km
Detection By Air: 7.3km
Detection When Firing In Smoke: 6.6km

Main Armament 1: 2X2 152MM (1 turret front/1 rear)
Main Armament 2: 6X1 152MM (Various Locations)
Main Gun Range: 14.8km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 8.57 shots per min / 7.0 seconds
180 Degree Turret Rotation: 24.0 seconds
Shell Dispersion @ Max Range: 126m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 3100 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 2200 damage (11% chance of fire)

Secondary Guns:
Not Equipped

20MM = 14X1
40MM = 3X2
76.2MM = 26X1
Overall AA Rating = 28

Torpedo Reload(RL): 69.0 seconds RL
Torpedo Range: 8.0km
Torpedo Speed: 55 knots
Torpedo Max Damage (p/ torp): 14,400
Torpedo Detection Range: 1.1km

Mounted Modules:
Slot 1 = Main Armaments Modification 1 (helps protect against main guns and torpedo tubes being damaged)
Slot 2 = Damage Control Systems Modification 1 (reduces risk of fire and flooding)
Slot 3 = Aiming Systems Modification 1 (-7% main gun dispersion / -5% secondary gun dispersion / +5% secondary gun range)
Slot 4 = N/A
Slot 5 = N/A
Slot 6 = N/A

Camo:
Murmansk comes with it's own perma camo. The camo provides the following benefits...

+50% XP Earned

Damage Control Party (stops fires and flooding + repairs damage to main/secondary/AA guns and torpedo tubes)
Hydroacoustic Search (like sonar - increases detection range of enemy ships and incoming torpedoes)
Spotter Plane (ship launched Spotter Plane - increases main gun range while active)

* - consumables are manually activated special features. They have a limited active time then require a recharge period (sometimes lengthy) before you can use them again. All consumables have a premium version (II) available that cost resources and have to be purchased for each battle. The standard versions (I) are free and come mounted by default.

Captain:
The ship came with a 10pt Capt but I have put it in the reserves. Being a Premium ship I can use any Russian Capt I want so I am using my 16pt Chapayev Capt on it to help get that Capt to 19 pts faster. I have assigned the points as follows...

1pt = Preventative Maintenance (-30% chance of main guns, torpedo tubes, engine, and rudder being damaged or destroyed)
3pt = Demolition Expert (+2% to HE shell fire chance)
4pt = IFHE (+30% to HE penetration / -3% to fire chance)
* - 1pt is unassigned at this time

Soviet Russian Navy T5 Premium CL Murmansk w/ Type 9 perma camo (Port = Kronstadt Fort, Russia):
d4crWLu.jpg

X917thI.jpg

6ZJwisC.jpg

7dZosjV.jpg

xDgQo2s.jpg

Ship: ADMIRAL MAKAROV
Tier: 6 Premium
Survivability(HP): 27,000 HP
Armor: 13-100MM / 10% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 32.0 knots
Turning Radius: 720m
Rudder Shift: 6.1 seconds
Detection By Sea: 12.0km
Detection By Air: 6.9km
Detection When Firing In Smoke: 6.0km

Main Armament 1: 3X3 150MM (1 turret front/2 rear)
Main Gun Range: 16.3km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 10.0 shots per min / 6.0 seconds
180 Degree Turret Rotation: 23.7 seconds
Shell Dispersion @ Max Range: 146m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 3900 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 1700 damage (7% chance of fire)

Secondary Guns:
88MM = 4X2 (dual purpose)

Secondary Gun Range:
88MM = 4.5km

88MM = 15.0 shots per min ROF / 4.0 seconds (dual purpose)

88MM = High Explosive(HE) (dual purpose)

20MM = 2X4
37MM = 10X2
88MM = 4X2 (dual purpose)
Overall AA Rating = 46

Torpedo Reload(RL): 68.0 seconds RL
Torpedo Range: 6.0km
Torpedo Speed: 64 knots
Torpedo Max Damage (p/ torp): 13,700
Torpedo Detection Range: 1.3km

Mounted Modules:
Slot 3 = AA Guns Modification 2 (+20% to AA gun range)
Slot 5 = N/A
Slot 6 = N/A

Camo:
Admiral Makarov comes with it's own perma camo. The camo provides the following benefits...

+50% XP Earned

Captain:
The ship came with a 10pt Capt but I have put it in the reserves. Being a Premium ship I can use any Russian Capt I want so I am using my 16pt Chapayev Capt on it to help get that Capt to 19 pts faster. I have assigned the points as follows...

1pt = Preventative Maintenance (-30% chance of main guns, torpedo tubes, engine, and rudder being damaged or destroyed)
3pt = Demolition Expert (+2% to HE shell fire chance)
* - 1pt is unassigned at this time

Soviet Russian Navy T6 Premium CL Admiral Makarov w/ Type 10 perma camo (Port = Saint Petersburg, Russia):
uBEfIuV.jpg

BOdssuv.jpg

1O5fVnQ.jpg

IPxKBrw.jpg

Best game to date with the T7 Italian Premium Light Cruiser Duca Degli Abruzzi. The ship has been slammed as being a real turd but to be honest I kind of like it. I like it better than a lot of the other T7 Cruisers in the game. Everything about it is slammed as being bad. Just don't get it. Ship is fine. Not over powered and not rubbish. A good serviceable ship...

zqFlkwm.jpg

Z5mPrd2.jpg

t9x0PrU.jpg

Last edited:
1 - WG is running another special Campaign to earn a unique 10pt Capt. This time a German one. Managed to complete it in 1 day with a lot of games. Don't know what to do with him yet, just like the Russian Capt I won last week, but these special Capt's are good to have. His enhanced skills are...
  • Jack Of All Trades (2pt Skill) = Reduces reload time of all consumables by -10% (-5% is normal)
  • Vigilance = Increases torpedo acquisition range by +35% (+25% is normal)

eoBS8do.jpg

2 - Not an earth shattering game but this was a tough one. I wound up alone early on capping vs a DD and enemy Des Moines. Managed to take them out and then get the cap while firing a few shots at distant ships. Just about the time I finish capping the bot Alsace shows up looking for blood. Our Alsace was on the other end where he did his job well so he couldn't help me much. I managed to play ring around the rosy(island) with it and got it low enough with fire to take it out with AP. Not a lot of games in DM but this is one of my better ones overall even if not my highest damage.

6XdwTHq.jpg

VggeP5o.jpg

A3botvs.jpg

Last edited:
Another new one for the fleet...
05.gif

Have finished the T8 Russian Light Cruiser and am now at the T9. As I have said many times in this thread I am not a big fan of the Russian standard tech tree CL's. Like the Premiums a lot, especially the thread OP's favorite Mikhail Kutuzov, but the regular ones not so much. BUT, as I want to get to the T10 the T9 comes 1st
lol.gif

Have played a few games in it so far and it is ok. Very weak armor and poor maneuverability like the rest but at least this one has usable torps with 8km range vs 4km for the T5-T8 ships. Stats, Port Shots, and 1st Game results to follow as usual. I did use Free XP to fully upgrade the ship so stats are as good as they will get for it...

Ship: DMITRI DONSKOI
Tier: 9
Survivability(HP): 43,400 HP
Armor: 16-210MM / 18% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 36.0 knots
Rudder Shift: 8.4 seconds
Turning Radius: 760m
Detection By Sea: 12.7km
Detection By Air: 7.5km
Detection When Firing In Smoke: 9.7km

Main Armament: 4X3 180MM (2 turrets front / 2 rear)
Main Gun Range: 17.8km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 5.45 shots per min / 11 seconds
180 Degree Turret Rotation: 25.9 seconds
Shell Dispersion @ Max Range: 156m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 4400 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 2500 damage (12% chance of fire)

Secondary Guns:
100MM = 6X2 (dual purpose)

Secondary Gun Range:
100MM = 5.0km

100MM = 15.0 shots per min ROF / 4.0 seconds (dual purpose)

100MM = High Explosive(HE) (dual purpose)

25MM = 10X4
45MM = 6X4
100MM = 6X2 (dual purpose)
Overall AA Rating = 78

Torpedoes: 2X5 533MM
Torpedo Reload(RL): 117.0 seconds RL
Torpedo Range: 8.0km
Torpedo Speed: 55 knots
Torpedo Max Damage (p/ torp): 14,400
Torpedo Detection Range: 1.1km

Mounted Modules:
Slot 5 = Concealment System Modification 1 (-10% to detection range and +5% to enemy gun dispersion)
Slot 6 = Main Battery Modification 3 (-12% to main gun reload / +13% main gun turret rotation)

Camo:
I have not purchased the permanent camo for Dmitri Donskoi. I will not be keeping the ship so I will just use some of my stockpile of 1 time use camo's while playing it.

Defensive AA Fire (+300% damage to AA fire and decreases enemy planes effectiveness while active)
Radar (Reveals ships hidden in smoke, behind islands, etc... 11.7km range)
Repair Party Repair Party (heals back some of the damage taken)

Captain:
I have transferred my 18pt Capt from Chapayev to Dmitri Donskoi. I have assigned them as follows...

3pt = 3pt = Demolition Expert (+2% to HE shell fire chance)

Soviet Russian Navy T9 CL Dmitri Donskoi w/ Hunter camo (Port = Kronstadt Fort, Port):
byhFBjn.jpg

aXMXVIG.jpg

ps3Eb3i.jpg

Z01NTgF.jpg

f1zFCum.jpg

Y3HWah1.jpg

1st Game:
PvExEqT.jpg

MMELdps.jpg

6OkG2Kf.jpg

I said in this thread many times since the beginning I always wanted the Minotaur and then once I got it how I was not disappointed. It is absolutely a beast and so much fun. IF you make a mistake you go home early as it has no armor but man when you can abuse smoke and cover you just annihilate stuff.
lol.gif
39.gif
lol.gif

CjAaXmN.jpg

Uxxrr5R.jpg

iEqcWjA.jpg

And just like that she strikes again. My best damage score with Minotaur to date...

lNp4i4G.jpg

J2sz8u2.jpg

lGRMfjE.jpg

Been a pretty good day today. Haven't felt well for a while and with my health/vision issues my game play has suffered a bit here in recent weeks. Today seems to be a better day...

ND7ve8L.jpg

cfDj8e5.jpg

T1h5xr0.jpg

Last edited:
Got a lot of fleet updates to do but that will have to wait a bit. In the meantime wanted to post this.

I set my best credit score in Co-op, outside of the US T9 Premium BB Missouri (makes most credits of any ship in game), to date this morning with the T10 US BB Montana. This was a game where it was just me and another player and he went down early. I took the C cap and the ships there out and then saw the bots were WAY up on points. It was me and our friendly bot Cv (out of planes) vs the bot CV who still had strike planes left.

Bot CV's are Ninja Masters at dodging long range shot and running/kiting from you so rather than try and chase it down and risk a points loss I decided to take the 2 caps the bots held if I could before going after it as this would stop their point climb. I knew I had time to get the caps which would ensure a win if I didn't manage to sink the CV (RNG has been trolling me BAD today ). I just needed to survive the last of the bot CV's strike planes while doing it.

I took some shots at the CV when it would pop up here and there as I was capping and shot down what was left of it's strike planes. Once A, and the win, were secure I was able to run it down (darn things are fast and if they sail straight away from you all you get is shattered shells on the deck) and forced it to turn then took it out with a 35K salvo and multiple cit's.

Very good rewards for a Co-op game...

8KwSPlo.jpg

rp9JpJI.jpg

eRH24nY.jpg

Last edited:
Still haven't got to the update for the fleet but will soon. But wanted to throw this in the thread. My new high credit score in a Co-op game just set. Broke the old one by approx. 150K!

LLxfaBH.jpg

ptpppWD.jpg

hn5P3hh.jpg

My best German T10 heavy Cruiser Hindenburg game to date. 245K for a Cruiser is really good...

E8su8xp.jpg

b1Vm4Xo.jpg

LJHglMf.jpg

Time to do an update. So much has gone on since the last one I don't know if I will remember it all or not???
lol.gif

So the US Cruiser line split happened and we now have a Light Cruiser(CL) side and a Heavy Cruiser(CA) side from T6 on. I had the entire original line to T10 so I made out like a bandit in the split with all the compensation WG gave out for duplicate ships, camo's, etc... The original T6 in the line was the Cleveland. It was moved to the new CL side at T8. The original T7-T9 CA's all dropped 1 tier and a new T9, the Buffalo, was added. Buffalo is probably my favorite of the US CA's. Man it is a beast with 12 203MM guns!!! I had the old T6 Cleveland so I was given the T8 Cleveland but we still have to grind out the rest of the new CL's. I am through the T6 Dallas (yuck) and have played some in the T7 Helena (yuck again). Grinding Cleveland to get the new T9 Seattle and then will work towards the new T10 CL Worcester. There was a campaign with the release of the new Cruisers where you could earn a special Cleveland camo which I got.

USN T9 CA Buffalo:
Dvpmc52.jpg

Cleveland Freedom Camo:
iSN3mQm.jpg

There was also a new special Captain campaign for famous US WW2 Admiral William Bull Halsey. It took me 17 days and 392 games but I got him. In addition to a few enhanced regular Capt skills Haley has a few other unique traits like having red tracers on the shells and he came with 15 pts which is a huge help. I have placed him on the Buffalo.

Halsey Campaign:
6O31dxP.jpg

a7bKfoH.jpg

I also have added the other 2 Free XP ships that there are to my port. I had Missouri and Musashi as I have posted about earlier in the year but I recently added the T7 British Premium FXP Battleship(BB) HMS Nelson (yuck - not a fan - but at least only 350K FXP) and then the newest FXP ship the Russian T9 Premium FXP CA Kronshtadt (ok ship but guns kind of suck which is a shame as this was an expensive ship @ 750K FXP).

British T7 Premium FXP BB HMS Nelson:
xypRapm.jpg

Russian T9 Premium FXP CA Kronshtadt:
Q8it48Z.jpg

I have also added 2 new purchased Premium ships. The German T3 Premium BB Konig Albert which is a ship WG considers to be too good and had removed it from sale but recently decided to offer it again so I grabbed it. The other is the much anticipated and wanted US T8 Premium BB Massachusetts.

German T3 Premium BB Konig Albert:
wjI7Pt9.jpg

US T8 Premium BB Massachusetts:
wmu8ayS.jpg

I have also finished off all Cruiser lines to T10 with the acquisition of the Japanese T10 CA Zao earlier today except for the new US Light Cruisers which as I said above just came out and I am to T8. Once I get the new US T10 CL Worcester I will have every standard tech tree T10 BB and Cruiser in the game.

French T10 CA Henry IV:
D6GQYQI.jpg

Russian T10 CA Moskva:
gphW3Ua.jpg

Japanese T10 CA Zao:
7MPL1Sm.jpg

So as you can see I have been busy. Will start posting game results again soon. Hope you enjoy...

Last edited:
Since the last post above I have got the US T10 CL Worcester. I now have all the current T10 tech tree Battleships and Cruisers in the game. Worcester is ok but I greatly prefer the BRN T10 CL Minotaur which is a very similar ship. Worcester is ok but not a big fan really. It doesn't fit well in the game mode I play (Co-op).

Both ships have 152MM guns (10 on Minotaur and 12 on Worcester) that fire very fast (2.8 sec for Minotaur & 4.6 sec for Worcester) and on both you have to do your damage by sheer volume of hits vs 1 or 2 big devastating salvos (although in certain situations both of these can do that). Sort of a death by 1000 paper cuts type thing. Worcester has HE whereas Minotaur only has AP so Worcester can set fires and Minotaur can't BUT Minotaur's AP is amazing and Worcester's is poor. Both have excellent AA. The real defining difference is Minotaur has very powerful torpedoes and smoke to hide when needed. Worcester does not. Worcester relies on hugging islands and lofting shells up over them. It is kind of slow and sluggish as well so if you get caught in the open you are screwed. Minotaur can pop smoke to cover itself and it is much more maneuverable if you have to run and much more easily dodges incoming. Both ships have big citadels and are armed with tissue paper
lol.gif

I will still play Worcester now and then but it just doesn't provide the "fun factor" the other T10 Cruisers do.

Ship: WORCESTER
Nation: United States Navy (USN)
Tier: 10
Survivability(HP): 45,400 HP
Armor: 6-127MM / 21% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 33.0 knots
Turning Radius: 740m
Rudder Shift: 6.5 seconds
Detection By Sea: 9.5km
Detection By Air: 7.2km
Detection When Firing In Smoke: 6.0km

Main Armament: 6X2 152MM (3 turrets front/3 rear) (dual purpose)
Main Gun Range: 16.7km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 13.04 shots per min / 4.6 seconds
180 Degree Turret Rotation: 7.2 seconds
Shell Dispersion @ Max Range: 148m

Shell Type:
High Explosive(HE) = 2200 damage (9% chance of fire)
Armor Piercing(AP) = 3200 damage

Secondary Guns:
Not Equipped

Torpedoes:
Not Equipped

20MM = 12X2
76.2MM = 2X1
76.2MM = 11X2
152MM = 6X2 (dual purpose)
Overall AA Rating = 100

Mounted Modules:
Slot 1 = Main Armaments Modification 1 (helps protect main guns, torpedo tubes, engine, and rudder from being damaged)
Slot 3 = AA Guns Modification 2 (extends range of AA by 20%)
Slot 5 = Concealment System Modification 1 (-10% to detection range and +5% to enemy gun dispersion)
Slot 6 = AA Guns Modification 3 (+25% to average AA gun damage per second)

Mounted Consumables:
Damage Control Party (stops fires and flooding + repairs damage to main guns, torpedo tubes, engine, and rudder)
Repair Party (heals back some of the damage taken)
Radar (increases detection range of enemy ships while active)
Defensive AA Fire (increases AA damage by 300% while active)
Hydroacoustic Search (increases detection range of enemy ships and incoming torpedoes)

Camo:
I have purchased Worcester’s Type 20 permanent camo. The camo provides the following benefits...

+20% Credits Earned
-50% Post Battle Service Fee
+100% XP Earned

Captain:
I have a 15pt Captain on Worcester. I have assigned them as follows...

4pt = Inertia Fuse High Explosive - IFHE (+30% to HE penetration / -3% to fire chance)

United States Navy T10 CL USS Worcester w/ Type 20 perma camo (Port = Pearl Harbor, Hawaii):
vOCpzFh.jpg

75VfKf7.jpg

sDD87QZ.jpg

t4uDSaZ.jpg

uSmlSuL.jpg

yGC61mU.jpg

Best overall game to date:
qKhkVii.jpg

VauKOtj.jpg

Y7sKACN.jpg

Just as a comparison so you can see what I mean by how much better Minotaur is even though the ships are evry similar this is my best overall Minotaur game to date...

lNp4i4G.jpg

J2sz8u2.jpg

lGRMfjE.jpg

Last edited:
A new personal best in the US T10 Heavy Cruiser Des Moines. Took me a while to warm up to this ship but finally am there and doing really well in it. The AP on it is just brutal. The 52K+ damage to the Bismarck was all AP as I went bow on bouncing it's shots and just wrecking it for 5-10K+ p/ volley. It melted fast.

EiB92gd.jpg

BFk734X.jpg

X8Jay4t.jpg

Just had this gem in the Russian T10 Heavy Cruiser Moskva. Sunk 4 and did good damage to the other 4 on the red team. My best game to date in it. Scored over 1000 base XP which for Co-op is almost unheard of. This truly was a really good game.

PbP0eZu.jpg

frN8Vt0.jpg

IaeAGla.jpg

iGbWvoo.jpg

So as I have stated ^^^ I now have all the current standard tech tree BB's and Cruisers in the game. While there are other nations coming down the line it will be months or even years before they get here. So needing something to work towards besides just playing the game for fun, and sort of on a bet/dare by a WOWS forum friend, about 10 days ago I decided to grind a destroyer (DD) line to T10. I chose the US line.

I am not really a big fan of DD's to be honest. If you have followed this thread from the start you will know I played them back a long time ago (German DD's to T4) but lost interest and dropped DD's as a main ship I played. So I wasn't totally new to them when I started the US line. I had about 125 games in DD's at the time.

I have actually advanced up quite fast. I haven't really kept the thread here updated I have moved up so fast but figured I will do so now as I just got to the T9 US DD. It will take at least a little while to reach the T10 as it will cost over 200K XP. That's a LOT of games for Co-op.

Just had my 1st game in the Fletcher and it seems like a good ship. Game went really fast and only had 3 ships come my way but got 2 and should have had the 3rd but got sniped and had the kill stolen
33.gif
lol.gif
So the grind to T10 resumes...

Ship: USS FLETCHER
Nation: United States Navy (USN)
Tier: 9
Ship Type: Destroyer (DD)
Survivability(HP): 20,250 HP
Armor: 13-20MM / 0% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 36.5 knots (39.4 knots w/ engine boost consumable)
Turning Radius: 560m
Rudder Shift: 3.0 seconds
Detection By Sea: 5.8km
Detection By Air: 3.3km
Detection When Firing In Smoke: 2.7km

Main Armament: 5X1 127MM (2 turrets front/3 rear) (dual purpose)
Main Gun Range: 12.9km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 18.18 shots per min / 3.3 seconds
180 Degree Turret Rotation: 5.3 seconds
Shell Dispersion @ Max Range: 104m

Shell Type:
High Explosive(HE) = 1800 damage (5% chance of fire)
Armor Piercing(AP) = 2100 damage

Secondary Guns:
Not Equipped

Torpedoes:
Torpedoes: 2X5 533MM
Torpedo Reload(RL): 90.1 seconds
Torpedo Range: 10.5km
Torpedo Speed: 66 knots
Torpedo Max Damage (p/ torp): 19,033
Torpedo Detection Range: 1.4km

20MM = 7X1
40MM = 5X2
127MM = 5X1 (dual purpose)
Overall AA Rating = 43

Mounted Modules:
Slot 1 = Main Armaments Modification 1 (helps protect main guns and torpedo tubes from being damaged)
Slot 2 = Propulsion Modification 1 (increases survivability of and reduces repair time of engine)
Slot 3 = Aiming Systems Modification 1 (-7% main gun dispersion / +20% torpedo tube rotation speed)
Slot 4 = Propulsion Modification 2 (-50% to the time needed to reach full power while accelerating)
Slot 5 = Concealment System Modification 1 (+5% to enemy gun dispersion / -10% to detectability range)
Slot 6 = Torpedo Tubes Modification 3 (-15% torpedo reload time / +50% chance of torpedo tube incapacitation)

Mounted Consumables:
Damage Control Party (stops fires and flooding + repairs damage to main guns, torpedo tubes, engine, and rudder)
Smoke Generator (creates a smoke screen to hide the ship - lasts for 127 seconds)
Engine/Speed Boost (increases ship's top speed by 8% while active)

Camo:
I have not purchased Fletcher’s Type 19 permanent camo yet. I am not sure if I will keep it or not? If I decide to I will get the camo. The camo in the Port shots is a special one time use camo called Star's N Stripes. I used it just for the screen shots.

Captain:
I have a 17pt Captain on Fletcher. I have assigned them as follows...

1pt = Preventative Maintenance (reduces the risk of main guns, torpedo tubes, engine, and rudder being incapacitated)
2pt = Last Stand (allows engine and rudder to still operate when incapacitated but at a reduced ability)
3pt - Survivability Expert (adds 350 HP per tier to the ships HP total / 9X350 = +3150 HP for Fletcher)
4pt = Concealment Expert (reduces the ship's detection range by -10%)
^ - 2pts are unassigned as I am waiting for the final 4 to make 19pts to get IFHE.

The ships is fully upgraded and I have played the 1st game...

United States Navy T9 DD USS Fletcher w/ Stars N Stripes camo (Port = New York harbor Night):
ij4Gg8d.jpg

mHLNVF2.jpg

jLKXtIX.jpg

YEs64DX.jpg

WAacfUx.jpg

rih2FYW.jpg

1st Game:
4tpsvOr.jpg

rEaQtaR.jpg

uXIT9Pm.jpg

Last edited:
Fletcher is my favorite ship, although I'm finally figuring out cruisers and am liking Des Moines and Minotaur. I prefer Fletch to Gearing, even though Fletch can't beat one in a gun fight.
I do my captain differently. Your build might work well with co-op, but if you ever switch to random and play against other sneaky humans I would recommend URPEACEKEEPER on YouTube as a good starting point. I love cleaning out a carrier of torp bombers when he thinks he has a victim.
With all the new American cruisers with radar, it no longer is the good times it was, but you can still give your team enough support to make a difference.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ArrestMeRedZ
Fletcher is my favorite ship, although I'm finally figuring out cruisers and am liking Des Moines and Minotaur. I prefer Fletch to Gearing, even though Fletch can't beat one in a gun fight.
I do my captain differently. Your build might work well with co-op, but if you ever switch to random and play against other sneaky humans I would recommend URPEACEKEEPER on YouTube as a good starting point. I love cleaning out a carrier of torp bombers when he thinks he has a victim.
With all the new American cruisers with radar, it no longer is the good times it was, but you can still give your team enough support to make a difference.

Yeah Fletcher has been fun so far.

I like URP. He does a great job with his how to videos.

I have tried PVP and just do not like it. I don't like the playstyle nor do I like how so many there act. I just prefer the more arcade like brawl and blow stuff up style of Co-op. I truly don't ever see me turning into a PVP main. 8000+ games now in Co-op and like 175 in PVP.
lol.gif

Back