Using a FL-500S in place of a FL-820S?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same grumpy old man
laugh.gif

^^^ Says the hater who has a negative message about a particular brand in his signature. Ironicly hypocritical, and speaks volumes.

Yeah, I know it's hard for you to accept ISO filtering performance specs on your favorite filter. Oh well, even strong fanboyism and a hateful signature can't change the performance specs.
lol.gif

^^^ Just more blabber from a hater who has nothing to contribute to this forum except personal attacks. Only reason you came into this thread was to bad mouth.

Let me set the record straight . I’m never though about personal attacking you or any one , I am not keyboard warrior . , you are nobody that I care or pay attention to I would like you to remember that thank you . I don’t follow every thread you negative slick commend about other filter . It just happen you be in it when a good filter thread caught my eyes . This forum ain’t my life . I don’t be here 24/7 watching monitor other peoples . I have other better thing to do. That pay me for my time . I already forgot what your your name , I can’t personal attacking any one when I don’t even remember their name LOL: . -MetalSlug-

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
... you are nobody that I care or pay attention to I would like you to remember that thank you.

Same to you because you can't really contribute anything worth reading - except for maybe a WT? was that, and a resulting chuckle. Definately zero technical input, but some humour is required at times I guess.
grin2.gif

And you should really work on changing your hater persona, because it's very obvious.

Originally Posted By: sw99
I have heard that the FL820s has a 16 psi bypass and the FL500s is 8 psi. Not sure if that is still the case or not.

Back on topic. I dug up this old thread, and there is text from an email from Todd Vick (Product Engineer at Purolator) that said the FL500S has a 17 PSI bypass valve. So sounds like the FL820S and FL500S have basically the same bypass valve setting. All the internet talk of the FL500S having an 8 PSI bypass valve setting is not accurate information, as I'd trust what the engineer at Purolator said - much more official source.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2307599

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: sw99
I have heard that the FL820s has a 16 psi bypass and the FL500s is 8 psi. Not sure if that is still the case or not.

Back on topic. I dug up this old thread, and there is text from an email from Todd Vick (Product Engineer at Purolator) that said the FL500S has a 17 PSI bypass valve. So sounds like the FL820S and FL500S have basically the same bypass valve setting. All the internet talk of the FL500S having an 8 PSI bypass valve setting is not accurate information, as I'd trust what the engineer at Purolator said - much more official source.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2307599

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you ZO6!

From what I've read here, isn't Champ making a filter that works on both FL820 and FL500S applications for quick lubes, but it's known to cause valve train clatter?

Originally Posted By: nthach
From what I've read here, isn't Champ making a filter that works on both FL820 and FL500S applications for quick lubes, but it's known to cause valve train clatter?

Most quick lubes are like this. The shop I used to work in used a 500S sized Performax 173 filter for all applications requiring a 820s or 500s, also for a lot of Dodge and GM products as well! It's why I don't see the 500s on my car being a problem. Have about 200 miles on it already and no issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back