Opinions on Walmart Super Tech oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: deven
conventional vs synthetics isn’t really a fair comparison. Lol. But either way, very few of us have to worry about -40. Especially this time of year.

Last edited:
Like many store brands, the company on the label usually contracts out to some company to make the stuff and put their label on it. Walmart doesn't own a refinery so some oil company makes it and puts Super Tech on it. If they made a poor quality, Walmart would be writing a lot of checks to cover all the damage. I still use Mobil 1 10W30 in the winter and 10W40 in the summer, but if I couldn't afford the Mobil, I'd use Supertech.

Originally Posted By: car51
I must admit i have used some ST Fluids. The fact that Citgo could be making some of it turns me off. If its Amalie or WPP thats fine

Came back home to find closest pumps to me switched from Shell to Citgo … lost me as a customer …

I would have no problem using ST, but I like to get deals. I buy oil on clearance and use rebates. I get notified whenever there is a new post in the sales/rebates forum here on BITOG and stock up on what I need--always at a cheaper price than ST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back