Super Tech synthetic again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought some 5w30 Supertech high mileage synthetic.
I know that there has been a lot of questions and opinions if this oil is as good as the big boys.
I bought it in Colorado so i think it's a Warren product.
I'm going to run it with a Fram Tough Guard filter in my '06 sentra with 190K miles on it for 10K miles.
If the motor blows up I'll report back.
Oh by the way I paid $15.92 for a 5 quart jug,couldn't pass that up.

Originally Posted By: marine65
Originally Posted By: Dallas69
You will be fine

I'll sleep well?

I hope so. Maybe a couple of 10K uoas of ST will quite the naysayers. I doubt it though.

those thrifty buyers of super-tech are not likely to spend $$$$ on an analysis!!

Originally Posted By: benjy
those thrifty buyers of super-tech are not likely to spend $$$$ on an analysis!!

LMAO true words !!!!
grin.gif

I recently switch to synthetic oil from HM oil on my Mazda; I plan to use ST at 5K interval; I would not go longer than that; also, ill be using XGFram for 10K.

Warren Distribution makes very good oil man. Federated Auto synthetic oil is made by WD as well. Dexos gen 2 approved and is $16-17.50 for 5 qts. Regular everyday price.

If the motor blows up I'll report back.

Oh please do!

I ran ST Syn made by Warren for 5k in my Q50. Engine didn't blow up.

I've used ST synthetic in my Sequoia at 10K mile intervals for the better part of a decade. The current run is coming up on 10K and when I blot it on a paper towel its almost as clear as new oil. I wont hesitate to use it again. If there are any explosions I'll check back and let everyone know.

If it's Warren oil, it'll be stamped on the bottom of the container w/ WPP or W/NE.

And for what it's worth, 10K mile OCI might be OK in a Honda but, I'd be a bit concerned with a NISSAN engine. I don't think it'll blow up(this once) but, I don't think it is optimal either. And I'd definitely wouldn't be doing 10K OCIs all the time.

In addition, although I love all ST oils, in this case if the oil were a large brand syn such as M1, PP, QSUD, SynTec etc., then I would be more comfortable with the 10K mile OCI as the larger brands seem to have just those little bit more additives that would make me sleep better at night during those 10K miles.

However, I would consider ~7500 mile OCI with the STHM

You overpaid

Originally Posted By: Y_K

You overpaid

Really!
How So?

You overpaid

Really!
How So?

Just a drive by comment from YK. He may not know different grades have different pricing. You did well.

... You overpaid
... Really!
How So?
You can buy major brands for considerably less using rebates, or Harvest King for considerably less without rebates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back